A sad, sad loss...

Agreed. One of my friends and I were reading that post and were completely speachless after reading it. I suppose you can't really control all people. It's too bad. I'd like to publicly apologize for the statements that have been made the past few days on behalf of the corps, because as I have stated, The Academy had to have been the nicest bunch of people I've talked to in drum corps.

Its a shame that James has to apologize for a fellow corps member. He is a very classy person and never has a bad thing to say about anybody or any other corps. Its a shame that some of the other members of his corps does not follow his lead.

The good news is instead of continuing the drama with another post, I had deleted the original post that everyone found so offensive, like people asked, as well as sent personal messages to a bunch of individuals apologizing to them. I also had asked those who quoted my post to delete so more people didn't come on, read it, and continue this. Apparently that wasn't enough. So I did in fact see Academy's show in person. (i saw someone express concern that I was making up what I said) I also let everyone that asked know, as well as put it in my profile thing, that I am aged out and technically no longer a member of ECJ and simply don't know how to change my name on here so I can completely dissociate myself from the drum corps. (not that I have a problem with ecj I just don't want people to think that what I say is an opinion reflective of the entire drum corps since I have the unfortunate tendency of being a little too blunt about my opinion). To the person asking about the I&E day incident, I'm not exactly sure if I was aware of the same one they were referring to, but it was simply an unfriendly confrontation between members of the two drum corps that I think had more to do with the people as individuals, and not the drum corps. I am not sorry that I didn't like Academy's show, and honestly I'm not particularly sorry that I expressed my dislike for their show since everyone seems perfectly ok with expressing their dislike for the show I was in. (a lot of that was again done through personal messaging) I am however sorry that everyone took such offense to what I said and I suppose I could have/should have taken the time to find a more polite way to say what I did. As far as the issue of respect is concerned, I, along with the rest of my drum corps, was very respectful to the members of academy in person, as well as online, having sent messages to many of them congratulating them on their championship. And with respect to my own drum corps, anyone that has ever marched with me knows that I would never do anything to hurt the name of ecj and I'm sorry that I couldn't make it more clear to everyone that just because my name has ecj in it, I didn't intend to hurt the corps name by making negative comments. So, since I have made clear that I am no longer a member of ECJ, as well as have apologized for the insane drama that post caused, is everyone ok? There's really no reason to get so heated about it. I am just one person with one opinion that in reality doesn't matter. The season is over, the champions are still the champions, and the silver medallists the silver medallists, and nothing anyone says about either corps here on dcp is going to change that anyway. Sorry for writing a book but I wanted to address everyone's concerns. Feel free to pm me, and James I'm sorry that you apparently felt the need to apologize for me on here if you had mentioned something to me personally I would done this a lot sooner. ONE MORE TIME I'm sorry to everyone about all of this and really do hope this helps. PLEASE pm me if you still have issue, it is really much less complicated than posting like this.

Edited by ECJGuard4L

THIS

IS

WHAT

THE

BIG

BUTTON

LABELED

ENTER

DOES.

:P

You know the saying “If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.” I know my mother used to say it to me. and I wish More “Adults” would do the same thing.

Also, lets face it everyone has an opinion so who would be surprised that ECJGuard4L would trash a drum corps that beat them. But to do it in such a public way is completely disrespectful. When it comes down to it each drum corps works there ### off all summer long and the only thing that drum corps can control is there own performance, not the number a judge puts down on a sheet of paper(that’s a topic for another day). I think it’s a great accomplishment to make it into the top 3 or even finals.

So in closing Just think before you post.

When it comes down to it each drum corps works there ### off all summer long and the only thing that drum corps can control is there own performance, not the number a judge puts down on a sheet of paper(that’s a topic for another day). I think it’s a great accomplishment to make it into the top 3 or even finals.

So in closing Just think before you post.

You might justify making an example of this girl by blowing sunshine up everyone's #####, but this thread should probably just be closed. I feel like in someone else's effort to judge one of our members that things were a bit put out of perspective. She apoligized, so stop with this self-righteous nonsense and move on.

You might justify making an example of this girl by blowing sunshine up everyone's #####, but this thread should probably just be closed. I feel like in someone else's effort to judge one of our members that things were a bit put out of perspective. She apoligized, so stop with this self-righteous nonsense and move on.

I guess its just better to keep my mouth shut and don't post anything.

Edited by JBcontra

Yeah, what I've learned from reading these forums on DCP and seeing all the problems that simply posting a response has created, people really should just learn to keep their mouths shut on certain topics.

If you are old enough and mature enough to march a season in drumcorps, you should be smart enough to know that what one, two or three individuals say doesn't represent a whole corps philosophy.

By taking that young lady's post, after she deleted it, and starting a whole thread on how one corps members stand out as being trouble makers or nay sayers or poor sports (or whatever you are trying to prove) you are being vicious and a poor sport yourself!

If anyone here is really concerned how a corps is representing themselfs on DCP, please contact someone that can do something about it, don't cry on DCP about it. If you find out the corps policy is to bash other corps on the net (I am being sarcastic) then you have a beef.

The bottom line is that this young lady and everyone else on DCP has a right to their opinion, and a right to express that opinion in a public forum. I saw nothing wrong with the part of the original post that was excerpted. I enjoy candor when reading someone's opinion of another show, and I know to take the post with a grain of salt if the poster seems to have some personal passions about a corps, good or bad.

Agreed. One of my friends and I were reading that post and were completely speachless after reading it. I suppose you can't really control all people. It's too bad. I'd like to publicly apologize for the statements that have been made the past few days on behalf of the corps, because as I have stated, The Academy had to have been the nicest bunch of people I've talked to in drum corps.

Yes, I have to agree with you. The Academy has some of the nicest people I've met. We first met them in Michigan City. After that, both corps travelled to LaCrescent and we had some quality time there. High quality people...very classy. After that, whenever we would see each other, we would cheer each other on. Fun times...

Oh, by the way, I'm listening to Crossmen 98 and it rocks!!!!!!

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

Ill be quite honest here, and probably end up going on a fairly long rant here. Ive been reading these forum posting for quite a while, pretty much just to see what talk is going on and keeping my nose out of everyones business. However, since championships, i think something needs to be said about the "class" and "professionalim" we as corps members, alumni, friends, fans and family have been exuding.

With that said, when people rant and rave, or downsize and diminish a corps, whether it be the people, the organization, the show/repertoire, or anything, thats totally fine with me personally. I dont necessarily agree with it, but hey, whats a chatroom good for if we cant boast our opinions. I mean, lets be honest, if I didnt believe that, id be quite hypocritical to be writing this whole novel, right? :worthy:

However, the thing that irks me more than ANYTHING on this entire website is when people talk crap about other corps, its members, and its achievement and have a username that promotes their corps, have a signature that shows their marching years, and have the balls to put their organizations reputation at the mercy of their personal opinion.

Now, if that didnt make sense to you, let me use examples. I believe there are a core group of maybe 3 or 4 people in this forum who choose to bash the champions of 2006, specifically in Div II/III. I dont know how many of you pay attention to these postings/authors of these postings, but in every one of them there is some sort of clue that they are either a recent past or even current member of the ECJ organization.

Allow me to quote a few examples of exactly what Im talk about, this first one being from ECJGuard4L (up until she recenly deleted it):

"So I hate to get into this because the people I met from Academy, minus a few, were really nice and I have nothing against them personally. But the show wasn't good. They barely moved, they only jazz ran while they weren't playing (take a look at ECJ ...they ran AND played at the same time...and they did it a lot), the hornline sounded good because they were loud and clean but the music was incredibly boring. The whole show was boring. I only got to watch from the side, but feet were pretty dirty,especially considering they weren't moving much. From what I remember, the tempos seemed easy to handle as well. The colorguard would never stand a chance in div 1. They couldn't keep their hands on their equipment, had poor technique, and the book wasn't at all difficult. Anyone wonder why their score dropped significantly from semis to finals? Academy...the MOST overrated drum corps of 2006...you couldn't have paid me to be in that show. But like I said at first, they were all really nice and I don't want anyone to take this as a personal attack on the members of Academy. For the sake of members, I hope that if they do try to go div 1 someone completely overhauls their design and visual/colorguard technique programs."

Great, you didnt like a certain corps show this year, who cares, thats your opinion. However, if I remember the tour scheduling correctly, ECJ didnt even meet up with this corps until Madison...AND, ECJ went on 2 corps before Academy at each show, so, knowing how drum corps works, there was no time ECJGuard4L would have even had time to stop and watch or even listen to Academy. Yes? Furthermore, you decided to compare your corps to another corps in the efforts of underminding your competitor. IMO, absolute shame on you. Yeah, this is your opinion, but you poorly represent your organization as being past world champions, and i frown to other members of the corps for allowing you to be so inconsiderate.

We, and by we I mean a good handful, perhaps more, take this activity as an enormous competition. And i dont necessarily mean that as being on a scored basis, i mean it more as in a hardheaded one on one battle between one another. I read people constantly bickering, arguing, getting in mini battles over such small, indecent topics. Be more receptive of peoples accomplishments, DCI crowned "champions" or not. Its been said on here before, we all put forth the same effort day in and day out. No need for bashing. When i joined this DCI community, i thought i joined an organization that promoted good morals, achievements and talent across the board. The more I read postings on this site, and see people from specific organizations bashing on their counterparts in the entire DCI family, I lose a bit more respect for both the activity and those specific organizations.

So please, i beg you, be more mindful of how what you say could affect who you represent. Opinions are great, just think before you speak. And i hope you take that as a life lesson.

Thank you, and sorry such a long post...

Sound like you may cause for them to consider.If not bare it patiently :worthy::worthy:

WordRider Heeaah!