DCI member corps "reunion projects"

go go or no no!!  

99 members have voted

1. 1. should they only be a one time shot or go as long as its good?

• yes... give it all you got!
    • no... once is enough thank you!

I voted yes. BUT--An alumni corps should give it all they have as long as they have resources and membership. It would be terrible if we all saw an alumni corps come back and dwindle into nothing-ness after a couple of years.

It would hope that someday my corps could do a one-time event someday. :worthy:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel that it is a decision of that corp.

I can say that it is an enormous undertaking in more ways than just putting the show on the field. The logistics of moving a corp around is in itself a big job. You also have to consider that the members are doing this on the side and can not commit the way young members can.

All I can say is that the corps that decides to take on this endevor must decide what they wish to accomplish.

With that answer - they can tell you if it is to be a once in a lifetime or an ongoing adventure.

To that I say - Good Luck and be sure to enjoy the ride - This is one Alumn who's ride ended WAY to soon.

I love the Alumni corps always great to see them back on the field, but how will they be able to perform every year in Indianapolis when DCI moves there? It will cost a small fortune. Someone suggested making CD’s of the Alumni Corps performance and donating the money to the Jr. Corps. How about helping fund the next alumni corps and off set the cost to Indianapolis? Just a suggestion, I love seeing them perform.

Why would Indy be any more expensive then any other site? No matter who they are and where they are from, large numbers of alums woulld have to travel and be housed. At least Indy has plenty of affordable hotel rooms and practice facilities. No matter how you slice it alumni efforts are increadibly expensive for their sponsering organizations (usually their own pockets).

whatever the membership wishes to do is what they should do.

Westshore keeps getting asked all the time to do this and that...the membership just wants to play Serenade in Brass every year...so that's what we do.

if your membership wants to do more, go for it.

if you try and shove more down their throats, you risk alienating members who will quit.