1991 CAPTION AWARDS

I have a bet with Bruce "the barfer" Ziegler on the high brass award at DCA 1991. For some reason he still wont concede that the trophy sits at the Bingo Palace on 341 Ridge Rd. E. in Rochester.

He still says that the Cabs won. I know for a fact that Empire won.

Does anyone have tangible evidence in their archives anywhere? ...Like the scores and caption breakdowns?

Thanks...

Donny

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bet with Bruce "the barfer" Ziegler on the high brass award at DCA 1991. For some reason he still wont concede that the trophy sits at the Bingo Palace on 341 Ridge Rd. E. in Rochester.

Does anyone have tangible evidence in their archives anywhere? ...Like the scores and caption breakdowns?

Thanks...

Donny

You're Right Donny, you guys (ES) won Brass and GE, we (Cabs) won M+M. Percussion went to Westshore and Bush (two separate awards) so says the video I just watched. BTW, nice vibrato in "Beguine".

perc ex went to Shore, overall to Bush. the other captions are as Tim described

Fossil...

Maybe the BARFER will listen to you. I kept telling him but he wants proof before he pays me the easiest C Note I ever made.

Thanks about the vibrato...I have worked very hard on that aspect of my playing LOL.

Donny

Fossil...

Maybe the BARFER will listen to you. I kept telling him but he wants proof before he pays me the easiest C Note I ever made.

Thanks about the vibrato...I have worked very hard on that aspect of my playing LOL.

Donny

Well all he has to do is drop over with a case of beer and I'll let him watch the video, although you never know we may just break the horns out and then it'll go down hill from there.....btw, this bet you made wouldn't have been around 9:30 PM last Friday nite when my phone rang and there was a familiar voice on the other end, sounded like you maybe?

I wish I had all the stuff in my signature like you do...but who'd care anyhow....

Tim

Edited by Fossil50

You're Right Donny, you guys (ES) won Brass and GE, we (Cabs) won M+M. Percussion went to Westshore and Bush (two separate awards) so says the video I just watched. BTW, nice vibrato in "Beguine".

The truth comes out about the "King of Vibrato." It WAS Donny who taught Bill Hoyt how to use vibrato!!!!

Thanks...

Donny

Donny,

I have the official breakdowns from both the prelims and the finals. Give me his email address and we'll shut him up.

David Martin

1991 Empire Statesmen Brass Caption Head and Co-Arranger

Hey Fossil,

I'd love a video, how do I get one (DCA)?

David Martin

Hey Fossil,

I'd love a video, how do I get one (DCA)?

David Martin

Now David,

You're centainly not suggesting I violate any copyrigt laws are you? ^0^ .

And Donnie, the Barfer knows the truth, he's just tryiing to rile you up, at his expense ! Go figure.

Tim