Jackson MS show

No offense to anyone's sense of hometown pride, but Jackson in '93 was one of the most horrible DCI Championships I've experienced since aging out (although Dallas comes close as a runner-up with the muggings outside the stadium and the stadium itself.)

We've heard what the corps had to deal with, but from a fan perspective it wasn't a lot better.

My hotel, walking distance to the stadium had air conditioning that couldn't keep up with the heat and humidity, the stadium was like a sauna at night and worse during the day, and then there was the rain during finals.

Other than that it was peachy.

I'm really opposed to DCI going anywhere subject to excessive heat and humidity for Finals ... It's not good for the kids, and not what a fan wants to pay big bucks to go through.

As for a show on the tour ... I guess if there's a big enough local base to support it, then somebody might consider it. It all comes down to the ability to attract and audience and fill up a stadium.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Housing was a big issue? How about the three inch long roaches?? And the heat rash from my knees to my nipples?? How about that?? Huh?

housing.....pffffttttt

I was with Cardinals at the time, and we had to be locked into our housing site every night. I mean, chains and padlocks on the doors.

Several car loads of thugs (for lack of a better word) would drive by our site, and I will never forget one actually yelling "There's going to be a killing tonight!"

The entire corps had to walk to the store together, and when we went in, we were followed by several individuals who used us as cover to rob the store blind.

Suffice to say, DCI should never even consider the Jackson area again. There was nothing good about that place.