Just Wondering....

Why no review of the Corning show? Was there anyone in the stands?

I also think it is SUPER that New York State has....ES, Cru, Brigs, White Sabres, Sunrisers and the Skyliners. 6 DCA drum corps!!! Not a one DCI corps...hmmmm Sad isn't it?

It's great that drum corps lives on in NY with 6 awesome DCA corps, Thank you ALL!!!!!!

I also think it is SUPER that New York State has....ES, Cru, Brigs, White Sabres, Sunrisers and the Skyliners. 6 DCA drum corps!!! Not a one DCI corps...hmmmm Sad isn't it?

It's great that drum corps lives on in NY with 6 awesome DCA corps, Thank you ALL!!!!!!

Audience was small.......... likely due to the rain........ although the stadium was covered!

My guess would be the only DCPers at the show were on the field marching.

All I can say is I heard some of the White Sabers show while waiting to go on and I thought the hornline sounded great, much improved.

Even though the audience was small, they were very active.

Thanks, Keith!!!

It was an electrifying night because of the weather!! The rain started just about the time we got done lining the practice field saturday morning and never let up until Empire Statesmen were heading to the starting gate!

However, Cru got totally soaked and rained on all day and completed changes with the hardest working bunch of people I have ever seen!! It was Inspiring!

Same attitude took over the membership as it just was pouring buckets as we took the field in competition and performed for the drum corps nuts in the audience with a charged performance!

The White Sabers were much improved and also electrified from being in adverse conditions and sounded and looked better than the last time I saw them in Syracuse.

Brigadiers were up next and didn't let the rain bother them either! They were much cleaner and sounded very nice with Moulin Rouge!!

Statesmen came into the field as the rain subsided and really let the "Rays" come thru!! I will say this.......I want to watch the Paetec Crowd on the 50 as they look like the famous poster with the guy sitting in his favorite recliner listening to his JBL speakers and it looks like his face is being ripped off with his tie blowing in the wind!!!! It was that loud on the Georgia impact! Ritchie and Joey were great as always and the corps did a nice performance!

The show opened with the Corning East Marching band and was really good even as the rain just was pouring on them!

Enjoyed the ensemble on the front sideline doing the opening statement of music from the play "Chicago"!

St. Joes alumni closed the show and as always brought the house down with sounds of old and new drum corps tunes that people always enjoy! Kenny "Ace" Petersen was smokin on "Georgia" as always!!!

well, see ya all in Reading on Saturday! :) :)

Kenny "Ace" Petersen was smokin on "Georgia" as always!!!

I don't want to hijack the thread, but how old is "Ace"? I was wondering if he is older than Riggie Laus, who's a spry late-70's (78?). I could only hope to be playing a fraction as well when I'm as (ahem) "experienced" as "Ace" is.

Thanks for the "review", Gary.

All I can offer is what I heard last Saturday evening in Corning, which was only White Sabers, and they sounded pretty good in the brass department. (Sorry Cru & Brigs, but we ESmen were busy while you guys were performing.)

Other than that - what Tammy said.

Edited by Dale Bari

Riggie is a very young 80 years old. :rolleyes:

We have Kenny Petersen at 74 years this season.

And by the way, to all you guys who competed in the Corning show, a great big CONGRATS for charging around on that soaking wet field in the pouring rain. Could have been dangerous...hate for someone to blow a knee this close to championships.