2006 DCI War Stories !

you can say "it doesn't matter if it's hot, you still have to do what you have to do", but in reality, you will rehearse better in 80-85 degree weather than 110-115.

We also did split run throughs with a water break.

and yea, in Warrenton, VA the county decided that due to the weather all activities had to be inside in the afternoon. I actually thought our second day in Warrenton was on par with Kansas and Oklahoma.

and WesHender, that pizza hut was run by very nice people, staying open an extra hour for us after practice too =)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, so, the people talking about "The three or so kids that threw up in Alabama"

That was definetly me.

Hardcore of course, yay for icky horn midway through a runthrough.

I drank too much water. o.x

During one hot streak while we were somewhere up north something very odd happened. At the end of our last block, I remembered the staff telling us to set up for a run. I then remember being in the gym directly afterwards.

I kind of blacked out, and had no idea what was happening. But according to a few of my friends, I marched the runthrough in it's entirety with no major issues. I just don't remember doing it.

Yeah, and if you're a sick kid how you gonna play. The heat matters alot! I've passed out before during a parade, while marching!

kansas sucked

w/Stp:

but, i will say, after pushing through kansas and oklahoma (and the heat wave that hit the east coast when we were there too) it made rehearsing finals week in wisconsin seem very very easy.

Crown didn't seem to have such a bad time down South. We had our worst in Louisiana. Lots of the drumline and some members of the hornline threw up during those blocks. Still, my worst day of tour was Irmo, SC for FirstBEAT. We had ensemble in the stadium for three hours, and the humidity and heat just culmunated inside that stadium and I felt like passing out. Three kids did pass out in the runthrough. It was insane.

hmmm, for us it was MA sucked.

as most of you remember from finals week last year, MA gets ridiculously humid in the summer. and rehearsing on a brand spankin new blacktop doesn't help the heat at all. at the beginning of the season, we tried doing a run of the first two productions, and just stopped after the first one because we had lost about 6-7 horn players to throwing up/passing out. Granted we were all out of shape at the point :P but it was still awful.