Dear Future Director of the Madison Scouts...

*Listening to Masdison Scouts '95*

Listen to the corps, listen to the crowd... Tell me that's "generic"... No sir, that's pure magic right there... Magic.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Future Madison Scouts Director,

Please don't let anyone or anything you read or hear about on this microcosm we know and mistake for the majority as DCP influence your decision making in any way shape or form.

Please do the job you are hired to do.

Please keep the boys safe, happy, fed and clean.

Please hire a staff that will give them a show they enjoy performing and can be competitively successful with.

Please get here soon.

Thanks!

"a generic fan who loves to watch a drum corps find their niche even if it's different now than it was 10 years ago"

With all due respects, much of these are the basics. I expect more. A lot more.

I agree with those of you who have said, "bring back the Scouts of old"....but, if that were to happen, they wouldn't make top 12. It wouldn't be enough like ballet, and foreign films which no one understands, and avant garde theater, to please the judges. (S####w the fans who pay money to see the shows.)

Rant over.

I hate to be an ignorant new-school scout, but what exactly is the old-school marching style?

Mmmm... you marched scouts, but you are clueless as to what the corps looked like on the field a few years ago?... shame on you my young brother ;)

Now go watch some of your own history.

B.

I agree with those of you who have said, "bring back the Scouts of old"....but, if that were to happen, they wouldn't make top 12. It wouldn't be enough like ballet, and foreign films which no one understands, and avant garde theater, to please the judges. (S####w the fans who pay money to see the shows.)

Rant over.

Wouldn't make finals?.....

so now the music you play decides if you will make finals, and not how you perform it?... Mmm...

B.

With all due respects, much of these are the basics. I expect more. A lot more.

I agree. Do you think my list was anything but intentional?

My point was (and still is) I think we should let them hire the guy and then let him do his job without putting all sorts of expectations on him to "re-create" what was successful in the past.

I think the current Madison Scouts are just fine and, sort of like Steve Sorrell said in the other thread, still trying to re-establish their own niche within our activity.

Going backwards MIGHT be the way.. but I don't believe we should limit the new leadership to that simply because it was successful before. It may not be successful again.. and I think we (being their fans) may need to get used to the idea that the past is special for what it was.. and the future is full of possibilities.

I just want the new director to accept the job first.. commit to the basics and then wow me with the rest.

That's all I'm sayin.

Mmmm... you marched scouts, but you are clueless as to what the corps looked like on the field a few years ago?... shame on you my young brother ;)

Now go watch some of your own history.

B.

Thank you B.

I hate to be an ignorant new-school scout, but what exactly is the old-school marching style?

Madcontra is right. You'll see it's as much an attitude as a technique.