Dear Future Director of the Madison Scouts...

Dear New Director of the Madison Scouts:

Good luck! You have my full support (not that you need it).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Listening to Madison Scouts '95*

Listen to the corps, listen to the crowd... Tell me that's "generic"... No sir, that's pure magic right there... Magic.

Personal preferences abound in this thread obviously - I am in SCVsopAaron's corner here - Madison was their unique self and they - plus far too mnay other corps - have become clones of a very few styles. The shows of the Madison Scouts in the 90's were phenomenal. The 75 show will always be in my own personal top 5 for all corps/all time.

One only has to watch the video from the Scouts Alumni show at DCI - to see what Madison WAS all about and CAN be in the future - let them do their own thing. BTW - I was in total awe of the Alumni Performance - brought tears to my eyes and brought back so many great DC memories. If anyone doubts that the 'older style shows' are truly passe - watch the crowd reaction to the Alumni show which was oer the top - the crowd was truly entertained - not to say the competing DCI corps were not great - but the Alumni performance was something really special for many.

(Remember when Madison had a free day/free night once a week and only practiced 8 hours a day!!!)

...and took 14th! Yeah baby, that was nice!

Matt Gregg

I second that motion !!!!!!

Don't be dumb. We had that all through the 90's.

Hmmmm, well, yes they did in 2002, but we had more freedays in 1997 and 1998 and we placed 5th and 6th. I think your comment is way off-base. If anything put them in 14th it was the colorguard.

Nice failed attempt at facts though.

Oh, and in 1995, they the same deal.

Oh, and in 1988, they also had the same deal.

But yes, freedays are the ruin of a corps, even though, shhhh! Don't tell, corps have even won championships by giving their members time off! but that's our little secret.

...and took first, won numerous I & E awards year after year, played shows with a freedom to actually communicate with the audience by letting the players play sometimes outside of the "box"! Yeah baby, that was nice!

Competitve placement isn't relevant to ones enjoyment of the show, is it?

We further so much of the "Top 12 or bust" attitude nowadays. DCI is as guilty as anyone, but they have to promote who draws the band kids overall.

...heck, the 13-23 kids didn't even get a CD, and get left out in the cold on a lot of the the coverage.

14th place isn't the end of the world for any corps.

If I'm entertained, I don't care if the Scouts come in 60th place. :)