DCI infomercial tonight on ESPN 2

Well, DCI is putting on their annual infomercial tonight. I know it will be a lot of talking, (Kids saying, "it's the best thing that's happened to me", "I'm so sad to age out", "I'll miss my friends", blah blah blah). Maybe there will be some informative things too, but it would be nice to see dome DRUMCORPS!! Personally, (not to be cynical), I think it's a teaser to buy the DVD'S. Oh well, maybe DCI thinks that's good balance. Oh, it would have been nice to show it on a WEEKEND DAY, so we could plan some kind of party. (I know DCI say's to party for this, but people have to work the next day, and a lot of people have kids, etc.)

Take it easy, and Rock On! ^0^ ^0^ B) ^0^ ^0^

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DOH!!!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!!! MY BAD.

Thanks, (feeling humble) :tic::worthy::huh::tic::huh:

TOO MUCH CAFFIENE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed the listing is also on ESPN2HD (hi def), to bad it wasn't filmed in HD. Maybe next year! Even though it is an "infomercial" as the OP put it, I'll buy some pizza for the family so I can be in charge of the remote.

Brainstorm: Why not make it a real infomercial? We could get an English-accented spokesman "Blimy, did you see the moves the Cavies are making? You too could make these moves when you buy DCI DVDS for not $500, not $300, but only $179.99!!"

4 EASY Payments of 44.99 + S&H

wow... this is drum corps. an infomercial... lol...

I HATE not seeing corps march on TV... BAHHHH

Well, DCI is putting on their annual infomercial tonight. I know it will be a lot of talking, (Kids saying, "it's the best thing that's happened to me", "I'm so sad to age out", "I'll miss my friends", blah blah blah). Maybe there will be some informative things too, but it would be nice to see dome DRUMCORPS!! Personally, (not to be cynical), I think it's a teaser to buy the DVD'S. Oh well, maybe DCI thinks that's good balance. Oh, it would have been nice to show it on a WEEKEND DAY, so we could plan some kind of party. (I know DCI say's to party for this, but people have to work the next day, and a lot of people have kids, etc.)

Take it easy, and Rock On! ^0^ ^0^ B) ^0^ ^0^

I have a question -- and honestly, I'm not just trying to be argumentative -- but don't you think that a kid who sits down with mom and dad next tuesday night to watch "this band thing" their kid is interested in is going to say, "mom, dad, I think this is cool.. I'd like to DO that!" in some form or other.. and don't you think that mom and dad, seeing a bunch of kids -- not too unlike their own child -- standing in front of a camera with big grins on their faces saying, "it's the best thing that ever happened to me" and "I'm so sad to age out" or "I'll miss my friends" will be a signal to them that this might be a bit more worthwhile of an experience for their kid and could warrant a little further investigation?

And you'll get some drum corps shows from the broadcast.. but the purpose of the broadcast isn't to JUST show the result.. maybe the purpose of the broadcast is to show the WHOLE product.. which, as we fans already know, is so much more complex than just what we see on the field. Sometimes -- at least to outsiders -- just what's on the field isn't enough to take them to the next step of wanting to find out more information.

WE can always (and are likely to) buy the DVDs for full shows as we are already fans. This program is targeted to people who aren't yet among us. I think it's wise to balance the message with what's great on ALL levels of the activity... not just the performances.

I dunno...I always got enough "behind the scenes" about the activity from the vignettes each year on the PBS show...to me, the thing that makes kids want to march is seeing the end result : destroying fields and making people throw babies.

But, different strokes for different folks. :)

I noticed the listing is also on ESPN2HD (hi def), to bad it wasn't filmed in HD. Maybe next year! Even though it is an "infomercial" as the OP put it, I'll buy some pizza for the family so I can be in charge of the remote.

Since I won't be home for the broadcast, I set it up on my DVR. It's listed on the grid as (I kid you not) "Band Competition".