Connecting the dots to Pasadena

Edited 8-30

Just for fun, here's a hypothetical regional schedule for '07 leading to Pasadena.

JULY

6-7 Allentown???

13 Murfreesboro - DCI Masters (Confirmed date)

14 Atlanta Regional (Confirmed date)

21 Indianapolis Regional (Confirmed date)

28 Denver / San Antonio ????

AUGUST

4 - SF Bay Area - Regional (It's been mentioned on BD's website)

7-11 Pasadena - DCI Championships Week

Edited by THX 1138

Murfreesboro was announced the night of the rain disaster at Tennessee Tech. It's the 13th, Atlanta is the 14th. I heard Indy will be the 21st, then the corps head west, possibly to Phoenix/Tempe, then the Pacific Northwest.

This is an opportunity to bring a batch of heavy-hitters to the Northwest late in the season. It's a rare opportunity to drum up interest in an underserved market (the pacific NW). While crowds are usually relatively light in the NW, the crowds definitely swell when there are two, not just one, power corps. And with the Oregon Crusaders now gearing up, there's even more reason to push open the NW market.

Just for fun, here's a hypothetical regional schedule for '07 leading to Pasadena.

I've been thinking about this too ... I'm from New York state and was wondering when the shows I usually get to see will be next season (Hornell, Buffalo, Erie Pa, Massillon Oh) ...

Working backwards ...

AUGUST

7-11 -- Pasadena

3-4 -- One of those where half the corps are at one and the other half are at another ... one southwest (Arizona?) one northwest (Seattle?) ... or San Francisco and one of those two ... or whatever -- just one north and one south of Pasadena to please both ends of the coast

JULY

28 -- San Antonio and Denver ... again, half at one and half at the other, leading separate tours to the regional the following week. The fans on the West Coast deserve to at least see a full week of tour shows the weekend regionals before Finals.

21 -- Indianapolis ... everyone

13-14 -- Murfreesboro and Atlanta ... again, everyone ... yes, it's for the second straight week, but there would be two straight weekends with "everyone" at the same place leading to finals. I actually like that better.

6-7 -- Allentown -- like usual, everyone there but over two nights.

And before that, there's the early regionals and "circuit" championships (which I know don't really exist, but they're still "big" shows out west, in DeKalb and Orlando, etc). Should be interesting ... and I bet DCI will be happy they don't have to plan for California again!!

:P

Dekalb?? DCI has not been there since 2004. They now go to Lisle, IL. :)

Working backwards ...

AUGUST

7-11 -- Pasadena

3-4 -- One of those where half the corps are at one and the other half are at another ... one southwest (Arizona?) one northwest (Seattle?) ... or San Francisco and one of those two ... or whatever -- just one north and one south of Pasadena to please both ends of the coast

JULY

28 -- San Antonio and Denver ... again, half at one and half at the other, leading separate tours to the regional the following week. The fans on the West Coast deserve to at least see a full week of tour shows the weekend regionals before Finals.

Are you suggesting Denver is on the "West Coast" (if so, must be a big west coast since it's a 15- 20hour drive from Denver to San Francisco!)

This is an opportunity to bring a batch of heavy-hitters to the Northwest late in the season. It's a rare opportunity to drum up interest in an underserved market (the pacific NW). While crowds are usually relatively light in the NW, the crowds definitely swell when there are two, not just one, power corps. And with the Oregon Crusaders now gearing up, there's even more reason to push open the NW market.

Whenever DCI has come to Spokane, it's been completely sold out, or close to it. When it was held in the big stadium at EWU, there were a couple of seats open sometimes, but since it's been going to a local High School stadium (which is actually quite nice, IMO), it's been completely packed. And yes, I agree. The Seattle shows I've been to in the past 5 years have been much more full when 2 top 10 corps show up.