This IS the Madison Scouts...

This was filmed at the final rehearsal for the Alumni Corps friday afternoon prior to our prelim performance.

It was just before the final run through when the horns told the guard and percussion sections that they wanted

"to play something" for us. Before playing numerous horn players shouted "Metzger" when asked who's going

to play the solo. That last week brought many emotional moments for all of us in the "reunion project" from singing

"Never Walk" with the 2006 Scouts and other alumni on wed. night to performing to screaming fans on friday night

but sitting in front of that horn line that day certainly will be something I'll never ever forget.( :rolleyes: horn line)

Younger brothers in the Scouts I know this is a time of uncertainty for you. Please be patient, changes always

happen in every phase of life.

Before the 1976 season I had decided to quit (in my age out year) when all kinds of changes occurred that I didn't

agree with. Scott Stewart convinced me to come back and although there were some "show issues" that year it was

my most memorable of all the years I marched.

Your family is always the constant and this IS your family. I'm looking forward to the return of every Scout who marched

in 2006 that can march again. You are a class act and you will never walk alone.

MYNWA

I took it to mean that the real Scouts are the entire corps, past, present and future, and this is embodied by the continued performance of the corps song. At least, I hope that's what was implied. I certainly hope our original poster wasn't making the implication you mentioned....

I took it to mean that the real Scouts are the entire corps, past, present and future, and this is embodied by the continued performance of the corps song. At least, I hope that's what was implied. I certainly hope our original poster wasn't making the implication you mentioned...

I hope so, too ... I'm actually pretty sure that my initial reaction was the wrong one. Sorry.

I took it to mean that the real Scouts are the entire corps, past, present and future, and this is embodied by the continued performance of the corps song.

Yup! In a nutshell, this is what I think about whan I think Madison Scouts. Always has been and always will.

There is something special about seeing this corps play this song... truely amazing.