Boston Crusaders 2007 Finals, Pasadena,CA

Plight  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the plight of the Boston Crusaders?

• To Rise in 2007
    • To Fall in 2007
    • None of the above. They will be placed 10th again.

Boston Crusaders after Finals are showing that they can be consistant. What will they do at Battle of 2007 Finals,Pasadena,CA ?

Terrance

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they move up, but in 2005, didn't Boston Crusaders go into quarterfinals in 8th place,

drop to 9th at semis, and drop to 10th at finals?

And then, in 2006 almost the same thing?

Is this a case of "peaking" too early? or is it just that

their competitors really know how to "turn it on"

during finals week?

what gives?

Boston was pretty much slotted into 9th place by late July, it just so happened that their score average had them go on 8th quartfinals night. Then Madison passed them by a couple of tenths Saturday night. They peaked on Finals night, it was definitely their best show, don't let a score dictate otherwise to you.

Edited by dcpguy1111

BAC placed 9th in 2005, not 10th :)

Yes, they started out Quarters at 7th and dropped a place each night. Granted, that was a different year, a different show, and not the organization's best. Any member or staff person will tell you that the 2006 corps was the best the organization has ever fielded, in all captions.

BAC placed 9th in 2005, not 10th :)

OOPS! But it was the "dropping a place" each night, here in their own

backyard that bothered me.

I'll bet it bothered you more than it bothered the members :)

You're probably right.

Thanks for the wake-up slap.

Edited by audiodave

Any member or staff person will tell you that the 2006 corps was the best the organization has ever fielded, in all captions.

Well then, they would be misguided because they dont come close to the design or output or effect of 2000 BAC. 2006 was a good, solid year, but nothing stood out in terms of design, or GE. It was a solid show but nothing spectacular. They placed where they should have and imo, peaked the night before. If scores dont matter then lets eliminate the judges.

~G~

The scores DON'T matter to the members of the Boston Crusaders, at least apparently not as much as the matter to some folks on DCP. The corps' motto "WE DON'T GAVA!" demonstrates this. When is the last time you heard someone from the BAC on DCP whining about a particular score or judge (unlike SOME other groups)?

It's because the kids in Boston are really focused on....well, being "Boston"---which means being into their show and hopefully, the connection with their audience. The numbers will be whatever they are. The Crusaders have ALWAYS known the great truth of drum corps......get ready for it.....that you can't control the numbers-only your performance.

And yes, I agree with DCPguy1111---2006 was arguably the best product-caption for caption-that Boston has ever fielded.

And for the record, the greatest achievement of the 2000 corps was NOT the 5th place finish...it was the audience reaction to that show. It seems to me that the 06 show was much more subtle and less viceral than the 2000 show, but this year's brass sound, drum line, guard and drill were all at a higher level than the previous years.

As far as 2007, I see Boston remaining a great drum corps, whether it ends up in first place or lower.