A DII first timer

So I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and I've decided that I'm going to audition for a certain DII corps that I've followed for a while and who I have friends at (or who have aged out with). My question is, besides the obvious non-weekend warrior mentality of DCA (which there is absolutely nothing wrong with and that is the circuit where I obviously marched last season) what is the biggest difference between DCA and DII DCI?

Edited by BucsBuff

Age of members - they will all be peers

Time Commitment - more practices and longer times

Tour

> sense of family (due to the amount of time you spend with your corps)

So I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and I've decided that I'm going to audition for a certain DII corps that I've followed for a while and who I have friends at (or who have aged out with). My question is, besides the obvious non-weekend warrior mentality of DCA (which there is absolutely nothing wrong with and that is the circuit where I obviously marched last season) what is the biggest difference between DCA and DII DCI?

The 3 division 2 corps in your area are all weekend corps. Schedules should be about the same as what your used to, probally longer rehearsals and a few more shows.

not much is different. I march Hurcs and then came to ECJ. Rehearsals were more intense, but I'm sure bucs rehearsals were also pretty intense. Time committment is a little different. Tour.....

those are the only difference I can think of other than obviously age.

I agree with all of the above....I marched Bucs, and my daughter marches Surf...the only real differences would be:

1) age of members

2) intensity/length of practices

3) cost

4) as for surf....there's a 1 1/2 week mini tour in june-july, and then 2-2 1/2 week tour july into august

5) more shows...

Those are the only real difference I can think of...

I marched at Bucs (obviously) and was on staff with Surf this year. There really isn't any major difference except for the tours that we do. Practices are pretty much the same "intensity" wise. Obviously, different drum corps do different things, but you shouldn't be worried about anything at all. Obviously, being in Bucs will have you ready for it. Good luck!

You'll get to see other junior corps all summer. Members are in your age bracket, so bus trips and socialization will be different (no beer for one). You'll get that feeling of aging out, which doesn't happen elsewhere. Longer touring time, depending on the corps.

Good luck and enjoy the season.

You'll get to see other junior corps all summer. Members are in your age bracket, so bus trips and socialization will be different (no beer for one). You'll get that feeling of aging out, which doesn't happen elsewhere. Longer touring time, depending on the corps.

Good luck and enjoy the season.

Andrew...for some reason when I tried to respond to your PM, DCP didn't recognize your name...if you want to PM me with your normal e-mail address...I can respond to that...

Aren't most of Surf's staff buccaneer alumni?

Aren't most of Surf's staff buccaneer alumni?

When I taught at Surf many on the staff were ex Crossmen and Cadets. Rich Hammond does the Bucs drumline and now does Surf, so I think they had a few Bucs this summer.

As far as I can tell the Surf staff is mostly ex Surf, Bucs, Bridgmen, Cadets, Crossmen. (Don't quote me on that)