I&E Results?

Kelley, if no one has told you this lately... YOU ROCK!!!

It was so great seeing you, Scott, Lee and the rest of the Renegades again. Getting to play with you in the parking lot was awesome... too bad I broke in that measure I predicted I would in Radhost. Doh! I can't wait for CNY in February when I can come back out to San Fran and play on the evil dresden drums again. ^0^

Being my first DCA experience all I have to say is the DCI-only folks are truely missing out on A LOT of fun, good people and great drum corps.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the young lions and loinesses should be challenging us and, indeed, taking these titles. I do, however, plan to be around forever.

My thanks to everyone who attended I&E and every other event this drum corps season. Without someone to play for there's little point in performing at all.

And lastly, to be on the same stage as John Urspruch is a great honor for me. He's my hero.

Frank D

As Frank Dorritie is my hero----GRASS

For those of you that are interested, video of my solo can be found here. B)

The venue rocked and I was able to find a sweet place about a block away where I could warm-up with the reflection of a glass window to help me tweak some visual elements. My hands felt extremely good and I was able to relax and have fun, which a DCA-newbie like myself found out what the weekend was all about.

Your solo is a prime example of why when people find out that I go to Drum Corps Shows all the time and ask me if I have seen the movie Drumline I have to chuckle. Great job.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Well, my response to my bitter friend (above) certainly sounded almost as obnoxious as his personal attack on me did ... lol.

If there is anyone else who wants to complain about the promotion of my I&E solo, let's get it over with now. Maybe we can start a complaint thread. :P

Then, we can get on with enjoying the after-glow of a great season of drum corps.

Lee - Dont' know you but SORRY I missed the solo. Relative got married that weekend.

I wish you could have seen Ron Kecks I&E solo quite a few years back. He (I thought) took the snare comp to another level. Not just drumming (even though he did a lot of that) but he really entertained. He used different spot lights, colored lights, smoke machine all set against a black curtain. He was wearing black as well and it was an awsome performance. He kept telling us he wanted to do something completely different, entertainment for everyone to watch.

We kept on trying to convince him to send a tape to Jay Leno or Letterman, it was that good. More than your typical Drum Corps person would have really enjoyed his performance. So if you were trying to do something like this, then we need more people like you. Taking Drum Corps I&E mainstream is a great idea. More people need to be exposed to this fantastic sport. Maybe then we will see Drum Corps on ESPN (not ESPAN2) rather than having to settle for cheerleading.

Paul McBride

Edited by pkm41263

^0^ So if you were trying to do something like this, then we need more people like you. Taking Drum Corps I&E mainstream is a great idea. More people need to be exposed to this fantastic sport. Maybe then we will see Drum Corps on ESPN (not ESPAN2) rather than having to settle for cheerleading.

Paul McBride

Yeah, you can't tell me there are more fans of the fat man pulling a semi with his teeth "sport" than there are of marching bands and drum corps. Or........could it be the marketing / Bis. Dev folks for the Fat man pulling a semi with his teeth people are just a bit more persistant and "out of the box thinking" than the drum corps folks?

I guess we could just play it safe, do things thatt everbody likes and keep drum corps a cute little niche activity.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm