Willson marching euphoniums and tubas

Dash Fieldpaint

Intresting find....I've played on their concert Euph's and they are AMAZING!!!!! I wonder if the marching ones are as well?

Well, Willson's US distributor is DEG and DEG uses Willson parts making its marching low brass line, so I would bet that they're just Dynasties with the Willson stencil on them.

Well, Willson's US distributor is DEG and DEG uses Willson parts making its marching low brass line, so I would bet that they're just Dynasties with the Willson stencil on them.

True, but the current Bb Dynasty marching euph doesn't look like that. That one does look a bit like Dynasty's old 3 valve G Euph, but the lead pipe arrangement is completely unlike any marching bari/euph I've ever seen.

Yup, that's definitely not the same as the Dynasty euphs.

• 2 weeks later...

I played one of the old willson G euphs. It was a nice horn. Big open sound, and well balanced. Though one man on tubenet didn't believe it was a willson until I post a picture of the willson stamp on the valves. Then after that he proclaimed someone simply cobbled a horn together around the valve section from a concert euph. lol Some people. :music:

Edited by Phirefenix

• 2 weeks later...
Check this out:

http://www.swissprofi.ch/willson/instr.html

You'll have to scroll down about halfway to get to the euphonium and the two tubas. Apparently they make G horns as well. Anybody ever play one of these?

For a very short time when switching from 2v to 3v, Dynasty sold Euphoniums made by Willson.

Kilties have three. I THINK they came via the Air Force Academy. I marched one in 2003. They take a medium-shank. I used a Brian Bowman mpc. with it. Sounded fantastic. Only problem was a dumb-located bridge that did not let your left hand grip the valve cases like you would want. It was not a comfortable horn to hold. One guy wrapped the bridge with foam rubber. I used a gel-padded biker's glove under my uniform gloves.

But sound is incredible. Sounds like a concert Willson. Valves were incredible.

Edited by dannyboy

For a very short time when switching from 2v to 3v, Dynasty sold Euphoniums made by Willson.

Kilties have three. I THINK they came via the Air Force Academy. I marched one in 2003. They take a medium-shank. I used a Brian Bowman mpc. with it. Sounded fantastic. Only problem was a dumb-located bridge that did not let your left hand grip the valve cases like you would want. It was not a comfortable horn to hold. One guy wrapped the bridge with foam rubber. I used a gel-padded biker's glove under my uniform gloves.

But sound is incredible. Sounds like a concert Willson. Valves were incredible.

Big incredible sound. I believe we have actually 4. More HERE!!!! b**bs