Blue Devils

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in hearing that story...

There is a lot more to it than I should mention on this forum but the quick recap is this:

BD made a staff change that caused some strife. The whole drum line quit right before tour and they had to find players at the last second to field a line. Most of the players were really young and they had literally no time to learn the show. Paul Rennick came in and did wonders with those kids (and from what I hear the kids worked their tales off too). However, they were just too far behind the 8-ball to catch up and they got dumped all year

BD made a staff change that caused some strife. The whole drum line quit right before tour and they had to find players at the last second to field a line.

wait... OMG... are you saying that OTHER corps have had difficult times and staff issues in the past that they have overcome and gone on to be successful again???

You mean... you mean to say... ARE YOU SAYING... that Madison's issues this year aren't the FIRST ones to be difficult and seemingly bad in corps history??

And Blue Devils didn't FOLD because of the staff issues and members quitting??

OMG... it's a miracle!! I have been thinking lately (given what I've read about "similar" recent situations...) that any corps having issues like the one's you elude to

are doomed to die.

THANK GOD there is hope...

There is a lot more to it than I should mention on this forum but the quick recap is this:

BD made a staff change that caused some strife. The whole drum line quit right before tour and they had to find players at the last second to field a line. Most of the players were really young and they had literally no time to learn the show. Paul Rennick came in and did wonders with those kids (and from what I hear the kids worked their tales off too). However, they were just too far behind the 8-ball to catch up and they got dumped all year

Wasn't 1991 the year Scott Johnson went to SCV?

I'm thinking this won't take very long - what year did BD do When a Man Loves a Woman, and is there a video clip of it available on Google?

You can see the entire thing on google video, but it's not in sync video-audio. If you have season pass, you could turn the audio off on the google video, and turn the audio from season pass up and try and sync it up better (while you're watching it).

There is also a short clip on bluedevils.org that goes from the bass drum intro thing up until somewhere during the first 'verse.' It's not the whole tune, but at least it's in sync and gives you a taste of the tune.

Its one of my favorite shows. I love the battery transition before When a Man Loves a Woman. Great stuff. Puts it all out there, then shoves it all in your face.

My only complaint is that the google video thing is really off time, even compared to the other shows.

See above