drum corps in a MTV from the Philippines..

bbaritone_41

Hey all,

The Spirit of San Nicolas Drum & Bugle Corps had been able to be in a music video for a popular rock alternative band in the Philippines.

We were not required to play in the video. We've just been told to act goofy and silly in the video :lol:

You might notice:

the cymbal guy in yellow (with tape on the bottom of the cymbals. They blurred it for people not to notice)

We had no cymbals at that time because the cymbals we ordered just came some weeks after the video shoot. :(

the guy holding the bells..

Anyways feel free to comment on it :P

cool beans B) I hope it gives you guys some good exposure

cool beans B) I hope it gives you guys some good exposure

Yes, it did gave us some.. Especially the drum corps community in the Philippines.. and including me :P

the cymbal guy in yellow (with tape on the bottom of the cymbals. They blurred it for people not to notice)

We had no cymbals at that time because the cymbals we ordered just came some weeks after the video shoot. :(

Sorry About that...:(

Sorry About that...:(

It's ok! At least we have it now.. Actually they dont care about our instruments anyway :P

Hey Mr. Pat, If you could only see the guy in blue holding the Dynasty contra.. He's sweating very hard.. :P He wanted the smaller one rather than the Kanstul one who's much bigger. He thought the smaller is lighter.. But, I guess he's wrong :P

Awesome! It's cool when drum corps gets into the mainstream.

Hey all,

The Spirit of San Nicolas Drum & Bugle Corps had been able to be in a music video for a popular rock alternative band in the Philippines.

We were not required to play in the video. We've just been told to act goofy and silly in the video :worthy:

You might notice:

the guy holding the bells..

Anyways feel free to comment on it :P

I've posted a few news articles on the DCP front page about drum corps in the Philippines. Here's the latest one regarding the Alturas Showdown in the province of Bohol.

Article

I've posted a few news articles on the DCP front page about drum corps in the Philippines. Here's the latest one regarding the Alturas Showdown in the province of Bohol.

Article

I wish we could participate on that said event because we haven't performed at a far province like Bohol yet since the start of the corps. Bohol is very far from the us here in Manila, I think they still use single and V/R bugles because I once saw a corps in Cebu on the internet that were only composed of about 6 brass and they're al using valveless bugles. I never heard that there are corps in Bohol until now. Maybe because Manila is the capital of the Philippines that's why we're somewhat updated to the corps overseas with the help of the internet. ^_^

Edited by bbaritone_41

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of drum corps out in that general compass direction...

I got this random email once asking me to write a show for a corps in Malaysia of all places... Don't know if they still exist or not, but I was in high school and didn't have the time (or knowledge, at the time) to write a show for them...... quite odd...