DCA PERC RULES REVIEW

Storkysr

AND AGAIN:

Which is the case with any attempt to numerically quantify the perception of a performance by humans. This isn't inherent to the "TICK" system. The TICK system actually clarifies the opinion by imposing unambiguous (or less ambiguous) parameters as well as documentation of where and when the mistake ocurred.

it will still be ambiguous. you seem to think you can just write the definitive answer of what a tick is and people will follow, and they won't. no judging association that ever used ticks had luck with this.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will still be ambiguous. you seem to think you can just write the definitive answer of what a tick is and people will follow, and they won't. no judging association that ever used ticks had luck with this.

And you seem to think that this problem is unique to the TICK system. I maintain that a "TICK" is much more of as objective concept than nebulous terms such as musicality, musicianship and "derived achievment".

so it's better in your eyes to sit there all night counting ticks....whatever your standard is...as opposed to commenting on performance errors and rewarding musicality like we have now?

sorry, but if you play 900000000000000000000 notes clean and have the dynamics...low, high and not playing, you shouldn't win.

i have seen the back of the sheets as they stand now, and they are quite clear in what they ask for. more so than any tick sheet i've ever seen

so it's better in your eyes to sit there all night counting ticks....whatever your standard is...as opposed to commenting on performance errors and rewarding musicality like we have now?

Musicality IS REWARDED! Percussion Effect, Technique. The MUSIC EFFECT Caption is unchanged! The only major change here is using 15 points for battery execution (actually 15/2 = 7.5 points) using the TICK system. Read the freekin proposal before you ##### so much.

Edited by Storkysr

Right Here! Actually this is a feasibility study designed to research the prevailing opinions of people who care about improving the system. All coments/suggestions are welcomed. If there is enough agreement here, and on the other forums that I have posted this type of thread and by other contact with me through personal email or PM, I may present some aspects to the upcoming DCA Rules Congress.

Right Here! Actually this is a feasibility study designed to research the prevailing opinions of people who care about improving the system. All coments/suggestions are welcomed. If there is enough agreement here, and on the other forums that I have posted this type of thread and by other contact with me through personal email or PM, I may present some aspects to the upcoming DCA Rules Congress.

Mister Stork,

Last question from me ! I promise

I just took a peak at the recaps from DCA championships from 03-06(Which has honestly been most of the extent of my involvement or knowledge of DCA being from out west).

Under your system, Which results would have changed? Which groups would be where? and which "Undesearving" (I put that becuase you seem to have a real problem with the system) winners would be different and who would be in thier place? And since its all about lower corps, how would thier order have changed?

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

And so on..........

i dont think the system needs fixed. I can honestly say I didn't disagree with a single call at any DCA show percussion wise all summer. If anything, the system has helped make DCA percussion better

many band circuits have the percussion as part of the toal score.

You were right about ussba ! Cool !! I might just join that circuit !!!

BOA includes percussion with music as part of the 'Field Music' sheet...but one of the considerations for judging the sheet (you're gonna hate this one) is :

RHYTHMIC ACCURACY !!...........DOH !

You were right about ussba ! Cool !! I might just join that circuit !!!

BOA includes percussion with music as part of the 'Field Music' sheet...but one of the considerations for judging the sheet (you're gonna hate this one) is :

RHYTHMIC ACCURACY !!...........DOH !

Why would anyone hate the term rhythmic accuracy?

I also posted a question a little further back about WGI. When was the last time you were at WGI? Do you feel that WGI is a positive or negative experience on the activity as a whole?