Open house?

Kjac18

What all goes on at open house? mainly the only thing i want to know is....... do we play any?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What all goes on at open house? mainly the only thing i want to know is....... do we play any?

Definitely at Shenandoah Sound, we play most of the time after some introduction to the corps and what we are about.

After introduction time and a little bit of orientation, it's off to playing at the CorpsVets.

Are there any groups that DON'T play? I think it's good to play at the Open House - even if it's only exercises. You can't really get a sense of howe the instructional staff operates until you see them in action. For that matter, some sort of a marching block is good too, IMO.

Are there any groups that DON'T play? I think it's good to play at the Open House - even if it's only exercises. You can't really get a sense of howe the instructional staff operates until you see them in action. For that matter, some sort of a marching block is good too, IMO.

:music: AMEN.... You have to get an idea of all the staff you'll be working with throughout the winter and summer monthes in preparation for the competitive season. That includes all visual staff, not just music staff... For guard it's easier, you have one set of staff to work with from the very beginning so have to make sure it counts! lol Being that I've marched with statesmen for the last couple years, I can tell you that we do marching block and play quite a bit during our open house weekend!!! Novermber 11th and 12th is our open house at Mercy HS in Rochester. Anything more that you're interested about can more than likely be answered at statesmen.org

I miss my statesmen!!!

Is it november yet? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Senior Corps have precious little time to practice... every corps I have ever been involved in devotes a reasonable amount of greeting time and explanation time and then gets right to work... if necessary, auditions are done during rehearsal by pulling people out with a separate staff member, but after all... PLAYING at drum corps is why everyone is there and not a minute can be wasted in an already too brief schedule

I hear a certain corps in Rochester willhave all it's brass music in by open house B)

so if i'm like i wanna try out for snare, but if i'm not good enough i'd like to attempt Baritone or Contra, would they let me? going for corpsvets if that helps any?

I'm sure they would.