marching DCA brass 1st time

Kjac18

so yeah i'm a percussionist and i'm going to audish for snareline and i think i have a very slight chance of making the line, i know DCA is very open on letting ppl try out on almost anything, so my second choice would be either Baritone or Contra, so my question is would they teach me to play either one of those?

At Shenandoah Sound we have several folks swapping all the time. We have individual members who would be glad to help out members with limited playing experience. You don't mention where you are located or what corps you are considering.

oh yeah i'm from SC, and planning on going Corpsvets!

• 2 weeks later...

At the Buccaneers, we had a kid in the Trumpets who had never played the instrument before in his life. People helped him, he practiced hard, never giving up, and our trumpet tech gave him a lot of useful information to help him out. It is possible as long as you are constantly working to make yourself a better player.

At Shenandoah Sound we have several folks swapping all the time.

That ought to be part of your recruiting package. :P

as a former CV Marching Member, I can say that we have GREAT members in the contra/bari line. They're are members that would be willing to help you learn, but a little prior experience would probably help. if you have any more specific questions feel free to ask, or email the corps at their website.