Thinking of Marching in '07...

dckid80

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot one. The White Sabers! Were just south of Rochester, definitly less distance than Kingston. We are a competative A-class group. Its a great place for someone to ease into drum corps. We are a close group, everyone is like family. We have great staff members, and we know how to have fun!

I feel like a ####! Everytime I make a list like this, I always manage to leave out someone. Please take no offense. Although I think you guys would still be about 5.5 hours out for him, not?

Well, THEN I'd have to quit!

:worthy:

Why would I care? Its so much more about the group than the instruments to me!

Bb xylo im in

Well Sean, if you guys still have that set of vibes from when I was in the pit, I think that thing was in A#! (Bb for you non-musicians out there.)

I feel like a ####! Everytime I make a list like this, I always manage to leave out someone. Please take no offense. Although I think you guys would still be about 5.5 hours out for him, not?

Something like that. There are a lot of factors, like how leniant the state troopers are that day ^0^ :) (DISCLAMER: I highly dissagree with speeding, you should never, ever, speed!) :) B)

Something like that. There are a lot of factors, like how leniant the state troopers are that day ^0^ :) (DISCLAMER: I highly dissagree with speeding, you should never, ever, speed!) :) B)

Yeah, especially through Cortland!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Well Sean, if you guys still have that set of vibes from when I was in the pit, I think that thing was in A#! (Bb for you non-musicians out there.)

I prefer Cbb myself.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

...Yeah, especially through Cortland!!!

Ah yes, you got that one right! Got zapped going up to Syracuse one Saturday morning from the IRNWNJ (the Independent Republic of Northwestern New Jersey). Was clocked at well over the legal speed limit and had to appear. Fortunately, the NYS trooper did not and the appearance only cost me gas money, a 1/2 day of vacation, and lunch at the Skyliner Diner!

I'm still shocked that people care what key the horns are in.

This year, three of the top four DCA corps played Bb horns while only one played in G. I frankly can't tell the difference. If I was choosing where to march (between those four corps) I'd pick Bush (i'm biased) because I love that style of drum corps and I love the people there.

The point I'm trying to make is that each of those top four corps has something different to offer someone who may want to march there. Stylistically there are great differences. I find it hard to believe that someone who wants to be "entertaining" wouldn't go to Empire because they play G horns or that someone who wants to play latin music wouldn't go to the Cabs because they play Bb.

As I said in my first sentence, I'm just surprised that people care so much about that.