San Antonio Crossmen

It's been known that Revo has had issues finding rehearsal space in San Antonio....main reason why camps were always a good 30 mins plus outside San Antonio.

It can't hurt Xmen to have one of the top programs in Texas as a home base.....Regan HS is beautiful and the facilities they will have access to are a dream to most drum corps. You can't beat it!

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Did you read the press release? The set-up has in fact changed (and will be changing in the future). Here is the relevent excerpt from the press release:

You are right...I only had seen a portion of it...I see the long term is to cut the ties.

So... several years ago the Boston Crusaders essentially moved their operations to Florida. Not the office, but rehearsals... right?

Today, other than their name and alumni base, little about the Boston Crusaders is about Boston.

How does this move for Bones compare?

To be fair, it's not like all of the sudden vets for Xmen are the only vets in DCI that might have to travel. Of course it's not ideal for them, but let's face it - the corps just didn't have other options.

Mike

Oh, and how about being in Pittsburg, or Harrisburg, PA - Dover or Willmington, Del. - Baltimore, MD - Richmond, VA . Were any of those locationas even considered?

Sure hope it helps the Jersey Surf.

But, I am sure as can be know, it will not help Revolution. But but what the heck. they are "Just" a Div II/III Corps. They will have to make do I guess. (bet they were not consolted, or given a heads up, in any way)

Oh well, good for them. Hope it all works out good for them.

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

I really hope mark chambers uses aaron guidry, hes the guy that does reagans music, and his music is truly one of a kind, i think he plays for cirque du soleil, but he could really write some cool stuff for crossmen if they used him

Oh, and how about being in Pittsburg, or Harrisburg, PA - Dover or Willmington, Del. - Baltimore, MD - Richmond, VA . Were any of those locationas even considered?

Sure hope it helps the Jersey Surf.

But, I am sure as can be know it will not help Revolution. But but what the heck. they are "Just" a Div II/III Corps. They will have to make do I guess. (bet they were not consolted, or given a heads up, in any way)

Oh well, good for them. Hope it all works out good for them.

I didn't realize that corps were setup like franchises...ie corps cannot be based within a set square mileage from one another. California has handled more than one corps succesfully for many years. I think Texas is big enough for both of these corps.

This is the biggest news since the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to L.A. That leaves only two DI corps in the Northeast - BAC and Hoppy's. A region that was once a junior corps powerhouse has now become a backwater of DCI :(

I didn't realize that corps were setup like franchises...ie corps cannot be based within a set square mileage from one another. California has handled more than one corps succesfully for many years. I think Texas is big enough for both of these corps.

But none are from the same city (except Cadet or B/C corps.) I hope that Revolution can get the members they want. They were one of the best D III corps out there this year.

Read the press release. The setup has changed. The Crossmen will eventually (if all goes well) cut ties with YEA.

"The organization’s commitment is that for two years, YEA! will assist and support the Crossmen through this San Antonio leadership team. The long range goal is to once again return the Crossmen to independent status."

Why does this seem like Southwind deja vu all over again?