Is this the end of Revolution?

Wow, I have been away from the computer too long. Okay, here is my opinion on these few topics going on.

As for high school kiddos, I do not see why band directors will let them march. For crying out loud, a Texas high school show is only 8 and a half minutes longwith about 50-80 sets, compared to a 10 minute DCI show that contain several more sets that can change on a dime. These kids are adaptable and could learn a high school show in one weeks worth of practice (and yes, I am taking into account UIL rules of no more than 8 hours of practice a week.)

As for the end of Revolution, no way. Like someone else said, they are like a cat, they have 9 lives.

As for recruiting basis, yes, this might be a problem, but like Evan said, Kingsville provides quite a few members (I have a few KKPsi brothers who marched Revolution 02,03, would have been 04, 05, and 06 from TAMUK.) Perhaps a camp in the south Texas area would prove benefiaical, you still have the valley to pull from. Laredo, PSJA, Brownsville, Kingsville, Corpus Christi, Rio Grande City, etc.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few posters have been right on the money. I taught twelve years in South Texas (Kingsville/Valley) and that would make an excellent make to recruit for Revolution. They could get a ton of kids holding a camp or two in the Valley. Plus I know that both the head directors of Harlingen and Harlingen South are very pro drum corps and you probably could have camps at one of these two schools.

I still think of my corpsmates as my brothers and sisters. I don't think of any of my former classmates that way.

AMEN!!!!!! I never even thought of that, yet, it's right in front of my face. In the times that I marched VK, I'm still VERY involved with certain members of that era of corps through judging, working with PC and Impulse, and announcing out here in southern California. There's only ONE person from the well over 200 people I dealth with in my four years in my high school band program.

ONE.

I just went out to lunch with 4 former members of VK, who just on a whim, we decided to get together. We all work in the same area of Orange County, and bam. We get together. You're ABSOLUTELY right.

My blood pressure, by the way, has stabilized. :sshh:

My blood pressure, by the way, has stabilized. :sshh:

No fun in that :P