Do Cavies Ever Do Arc Reshapes?

theres a few exceptions to the rule... it all depends on how you interpret things... to each his own...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This true with one exception: block rotations that retain their size. To rotate a block, members need to take a circular path that is an arc of the circle with radius equal to the distance from that person to the center of the block. Block rotations done with straight paths will compress the block from the beginning to the middle of the rotation, then expand it to its original size from the middle to the end of the rotation.

so long as the block stays in its original location from begining to end... its different if it moves across the field.

I really do think Cavies' way of learning drill is the best one... I mean, if you guide, how do you say who's right and who's wrong? and how can you work on consistency if every time you rehearse you end up on a different dot? and what about personal responsibility? everyone should be able do march his own drill on a desert field. so figure it out! ;-)

Edited by FH4life

I really do think Cavies' way of learning drill is the best one... I mean, if you guide, how do you say who's right and who's wrong? and how can you work on consistency if every time you rehearse you end up on a different dot? and what about personal responsibility? everyone should be able do march his own drill on a desert field. so figure it out! ;-)

I'll cook the popcorn. Anyone got some cold ones? This is going to be quite a show.

and FH4life, I agree with you.

corps that guide dont guide with no sense of direction...

the way i've done it... visual rehearsal you march your dot, staff will correct pathway and indivudual error. figure your stuff out. ensemble, guide to the form.

guiding doesnt mean blindly following and nobody knows where they are supposed to be... you should still know your dot and aim to be on it, but if for some reason the form isnt making it quite there, just open up your eyes and get in it. over time, just as one would perfect their own dot in the other system, the form will correct its picture as everybody figures out the picture as a whole and their part in it.

personally, i love guiding the form... makes me feel like im part of an ensemble and not just out there by myself, performing my show oblivous to what is going on around me.

disagree strongly.

that's good and all, but...

which corps DO put out better drill?

I would say SCV had pretty sweet drill this year, it just never got all cleaned up. The Cavaliers drill is not only good and effective, it's also extremely clean.

~>conner