Musicals never done before

As for me, I don't know why more corps don't play Gilbert and Sullivan, and not just "Pirates of Penzance." 'Entrance and March of the Peers' from "Iolanthe" is fantastic music for brass.

I conducted a community theater version of HMS Pinafore (20+ years ago) and I thought the same then. Not sure how doable it would be today, but there is great music in G&S.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I would love to see someone perform Moulin Rouge. Several songs would be awesome on the field, but I would like to see the following ones:

Opener - Nature Boy/Sparkling Diamonds

Ballad - Your Song

Closer - Like a Virgin

Also, the Dreamgirls soundtrack is really good. I think a great show could be pulled off with this music, especially if someone did Steppin' to the Bad Side (would be a great percussion solo).

The original Elton John "Your Song," or the bizarre (in a good way) arrangement in MR?

The MR version. I also forgot El Tango de Roxanne. That would be pretty cool too.

All those Moulin Rouge selections would be good choices. None of them are original to the movie, though. Which is one of the many, many things I hate about that derivative, POS film.

All those Moulin Rouge selections would be good choices. None of them are original to the movie, though. Which is one of the many, many things I hate about that derivative, POS film.

Which is strangely enough one of the things that to me make that movie GREAT. The use of SO many great pop culture songs in a new way. My favorite definately being the use of Smells Like Teen Spirit out of nowhere in the middle of the dance segue. Love it.

Which is strangely enough one of the things that to me make that movie GREAT. The use of SO many great pop culture songs in a new way. My favorite definately being the use of Smells Like Teen Spirit out of nowhere in the middle of the dance segue. Love it.

Yurrgh. I hate musicals that take musical numbers out of context. Lay down some ground rules, Luhrmann, you hack.

I'm still waiting for Hairspray... or maybe Seussical...

Side Show!!!!

I recently discovered this soundtrack after liking the Pride of Cincinnati WG show in 04 (which only used the openeing track)

AWESOME songs to do on the field:

Come Look at the Freaks

The Devil You Know

Say Goodbye to the Freakshow

More Than we Bargained for

and most importantly, The Tunnel of Love!