Discussion of Historical Photos Conspiracy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so tired of talking about this, I just don't like people accusing others of something they didn't do. I think John has done an excellent job of setting the guidelines for this type of thing from happening again.

Edited by Lancerlady

I'm so tired of talking about this, I just don't like people accusing others of something they didn't do. I think John has done an excellent job of setting the guidelines for this type of thing from happening again.

Me too....tired of reading about it.

What did you have for lunch today?

I had a Medium #9 from D'Angelo's, no peppers.

I am not tired of talking about it cause I am loosing sleep... you guys could care less...

If you are talking about the photographer Charlie Johnson...he gave me the rights to them....He also sent me cd's so I culd put them on easier.....I may have used a few pics but you and your people that helped you stole a lifetime of history... I will NEVER do it again... I am out of drum corps after 50 years ... I quit!! Yahoo or any of you had no right to steal 4 years of my life that I got nothing for, ziltch ... I always believed share them pictures so others can enjoy them anyway so now I am free to do what I want with what I have left.... What goes around will come around....Marlene Brown

Dang that sounds good, I had a meat lovers from Pizza Hut and watched some football... b**bs

I am not tired of talking about it cause I am loosing sleep... you guys could care less...

If you are talking about the photographer Charlie Johnson...he gave me the rights to them....He also sent me cd's so I culd put them on easier.....I may have used a few pics but you and your people that helped you stole a lifetime of history... I will NEVER do it again... I am out of drum corps after 50 years ... I quit!! Yahoo or any of you had no right to steal 4 years of my life that I got nothing for, ziltch ... I always believed share them pictures so others can enjoy them anyway so now I am free to do what I want with what I have left.... What goes around will come around....Marlene Brown

Sorry Marlene, I wasn't trying to minimize all the

work you've done. This has been a long drawn out

thing and at this point it seems that no one knows

what really happened until you hear back from yahoo

about your sites. (right?)

So really, I hope that there will be some answer found

or something @ yahoo so that you can get all of your stuff back online,

or at least find out what really happened. I think we all really want

to know the truth, and it seems like yahoo is the only one who knows.

It's been a long weekend on this subject and today is Monday. Yahoo is back at work

and hopefully sending you a response. Don't quit. I hope that when I am in my seventies

I can still be involved somehow. Heck I hope I make it to my seventies. :P

-Dave

Don't you store your data on disk or CD?

This is a danger you face with storing images or other data you 'own' online. If there is a catastrophic event resulting in a server completely crashing.. and all of it's backups going belly up, you can lose everything. You should ALWAYS store your data on disk or CD. ALWAYS.

Aside from that, I believe if Yahoo got a report of a copyright infringement, they can take any steps necessary to protect themselves.. the same way eBay can.. or any site owned by someone else but you use to conduct commerce or store data. If someone else owns it (the bandwidth or site space), you can rest assured there is a loophole somewhere in the agreement you toggle check and agree to that says they can do whatever they have to do to protect themselves from legal action as a result of something you may or may not have done.

You can blame that on drum corps if you want, but the bottom line is, this is a legal matter and if you were taking pictures of birthday party clowns off the internet and selling them (whether given to you or not..) and someone complained, you'd face the exact same response from Yahoo or eBay.

I wonder, Marlene, if you've been approached in the past by people who said, "hey, you're selling MY PHOTOGRAPH and you need to stop it!" especially if it's happened more than once.. wouldn't it raise a flag to you about all the pictures that person gave or sold to you? Wouldn't you want to do everything in your power -- as a merchant -- to make sure what you were doing was not only legal.. but right (in the moral sense) as well? In the interest of your business remaining viable and trustworthy in the eyes of your potential customers??

It's just a thought and I wonder what you think in response.

Thanks,

Stef

If we couldn't care less, then we wouldn't be discussing it ad nauseam, Marlene.

I think Stef has put this as succinctly as it can be expressed; I'll quote here, because this is the basis for everything that has happened:

You can blame that on drum corps if you want, but the bottom line is, this is a legal matter and if you were taking pictures of birthday party clowns off the internet and selling them (whether given to you or not..) and someone complained, you'd face the exact same response from Yahoo or eBay.

Like it or not, that is the world in which we live. Particularly when selling something that is not your own property, it is up to you to know your rights and responsibilities. It sounds like you didn't fully understand this, but the problem is, when it comes to a website like Yahoo! wishing to protect itself, the powers-that-be are going to go by what the law says.