Atlanta CorpsVets Announce 2007 Show

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, that's blocked too, lol

CorpsVets' 10th aniversary, A Celebration, from Us to You. Yep, that's the idea of our show this year, not necessary the final title yet. The Creative Staff has come up with a fun and entertaining show to rival last year's, plus added sophistication.

We will open the show with a revamped version of "Georgia on My Mind", to set the stage for our celebration of 10 fantastic years of CorpsVets. Following the big hit from the loudest hornline in DCA, we will move into "Bacchanalia", not the Phantom piece. A nice laid back piece to contrast "Georgia" and what is about to happen.

The next selection will be "La Fiesta". If you don't know this piece, get ready for a new favorite song. It's unbelievable. We will then close the show with "Remembrance". A moving and yet exciting ending to this wonderful show production.

Stay tuned for more!

Here ya...how 'bout a screen shot of the announcement b**bs

cv2007show.jpg

I tried clicking on that link in your screen shot that says donate 100 million and for some reason got a error message.

Kidding :P :P :P

I tried clicking on that link in your screen shot that says donate 100 million and for some reason got a error message.

Kidding :P :P :P

S'okay Ed, when that happens the automatic backup system kicks in.

We send Big Ken to collect in person.

:P

We send Big Ken to collect in person.

:P

When I am not marching I wear a Ghillie suit. :worthy: :P :P :P :P

hey RJ,,Hard to tell what your new photo is on that page.Can you send a link of the photo??I know it sucks to be limited to 100x100

Anyways,,Sounds like a great show and what a great announcment too.I can tell that RJ put a lot of thought into it. :lol:

Empire might have had the best show announcement all year.I put you guys in second place.

That ought to start some controversy.

:P :P :P :P

Edited by camel lips

Rob's avatar is a picture of the corps at our first ever show at JSU in '98. Either that, or the next year.

Nice reference back to the beginning.

There are only a few of us left who've been there all 10 years.

Big Ken, Dave, Hunter, Rob, Marvin, and myself.

We've got several that have taken a year off here and there and have returned home and that is exciting but I'm most impressed with all the "kids" who've come on board from local (and not so local) h.s. programs. That youth has definitely put new life into the corps.

We will pay tribute to the years past and to those who are no longer with us and you can guarantee that this year's show is going to be about CV power and fun!

CV's take on Remembrance will be unlike any you've ever heard...and the visual package for just this one tune will be "remembered" for seasons to come. It's gonna be awesome !!!

I say it again... Open house is Dec 3, 2006. Don't miss it !!!

I love this concept. Is the 'Bacchinale' the same one Blue Devils played in 1984?