07 crossmen rep... something to rebuild roots?

Yes, lets be different and play jazz... :laugh:

Out of the top 12 this year, the only corps to play jazz were the Cavaliers, Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison Scouts, Blue Devils, and Spirit. Out of these, the first four corps only played jazz for about 1/4 of the show, Blue Devils for about 1/8, and Spirit for about 3/4. That means that only about 20% of the music you heard was jazz.

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a New Orleans show? They are in San Antonio now, it's a southern jazz show! Crossmen or Spirit should do a New Orleans show.

I remember when BONES had their own identity. They were the only corps really playing modern jazz...and they (we) did it well!! Corps aren't touching this genre...why not go do something that NO ONE IS DOING?!?!?!?!?!?

Do they have jazz in Texas??? (this is a joke. A bad one, but a joke nonetheless)

"I HEAR YA BONES" (SAID REALLY LOUD WITH A TEXAS ACCENT)

IMO, speaking as an age out from 06, xmen should play some hard & raw in your face jazz to establish the identity of the corp in san antonio. anything come to mind?

I agree. I admit that '06 was at least creative, but I personally believe sometimes creativity can get a bit too "cute." Crossmen is not a "cute" drum corps. Like The Cadets, Blue Devils, and Madison, I think they tried to do a show that just wasn't them. I think Crossmen need to get back to "down and dirty."

I agree...no cuteness from the Crossmen - especially if they continue to wear such dark uniforms.

I remember when BONES had their own identity. They were the only corps really playing modern jazz...and they (we) did it well!! Corps aren't touching this genre...why not go do something that NO ONE IS DOING?!?!?!?!?!?

Do they have jazz in Texas??? (this is a joke. A bad one, but a joke nonetheless)

"I HEAR YA BONES" (SAID REALLY LOUD WITH A TEXAS ACCENT)

Yeah we do...oh boy do we. B)

Has anybody done a Disco show....

I mean REAL Disco, you know....

The Bee Gees

Tavares

The O'Jays

Donna Summer

TSOP

I got lotsa stuff floating around in my head....

I don't believe the O'Jays would be considered Disco.