Most Impressive Statistic...

DCI Historical Stats  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most impressive statistic in DCI History?

• SCV's 35 consecutive appearances at Finals
    • Blue Devils' 32 consecutive top 5 placements
    • Cavaliers' 7 consecutive top 2 placements
    • Blue Devils' 11 championships
    • Blue Devils' average placement of 2.58

What about years without dropping in placement? I think the Bluecoats started climbing in 2000?

But this is the most interesting: the corps that wins Semifinals has NEVER lost on Finals night.

Ummm...

Right off the top of my head, SCV won prelims in 1983 and Garfield won finals. Does that count? Didn't Phantom win prelims in 1978? I'm pretty sure there are others (Madison in '74?)

Or are you only counting from when they've had the corps performing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting statistic:

The Crossmen are the only active drum corps that has beaten every other Division 1 drum corps at least once in their existence.

Any corps that won recently has beaten every other Division 1 DCI. So to your list add:

Phantom

Cavaliers

Madison

Blue Devils

Santa Clara

(and probably Star, is there a new Division 1 corps since Star left DCI?)

Is Carolina Crown the only corps that Blue Stars haven't beaten? Same with Blue Devils and Bluecoats?

Any corps that won recently has beaten every other Division 1 DCI. So to your list add:

Phantom

Cavaliers

Madison

Blue Devils

Santa Clara

(and probably Star, is there a new Division 1 corps since Star left DCI?)

Did Crossmen beat Star at any shows in 1985? If not, I suspect that would be one corps they never beat, now that it's been verified about the prelims win over Blue Devils in 1991.

Another interesting statistic:

The Crossmen are the only active drum corps that has beaten every other Division 1 drum corps at least once in their existence.

Not so. How about the division 1 corps that disbanded before the Crossmen came into existance? There must be dozens of corps... Percussion-naut Patriots, Stockton Commodores, etc..

So I will assume you mean if they competed against each other, then the Crossmen at some point in their history beat them. But even that is not true. How about the Polish Falcon Cadets. Crossmen lost to them in 1975 and they (PFC) disbanded without the Crossmen beating them.

Not so. How about the division 1 corps that disbanded before the Crossmen came into existance? There must be dozens of corps... Percussion-naut Patriots, Stockton Commodores, etc..

So I will assume you mean if they competed against each other, then the Crossmen at some point in their history beat them. But even that is not true. How about the Polish Falcon Cadets. Crossmen lost to them in 1975 and they (PFC) disbanded without the Crossmen beating them.

Wow...sorry for ruffling so many feathers. :rolleyes:

Wow...sorry for ruffling so many feathers. :rolleyes:

No feathers ruffled here. But, is there a corps, that has never won DCI, that has beaten every other DCI finalist corps?. The corps would have had to be around in the mid-seventies, Commodores disbanded after 1976, and would have also had to be around in the mid-nineties, to beat Crown.