So whatever happened to the proposed new....

Remember that new DCI governance structure we've been hearing nebulous rumors about, where the BOD would be restructured in a more businesslike fashion, division II/III corps would somehow become voting members in DCI, and world peace would be achieved? :) Well, the big DCI meeting was this past weekend - so what happened?

Ask, and ye shall receive:

http://www.dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=6...f2-1697d20f920d

A Saturday afternoon session with the Division I board included discussion on a comprehensive new governance structure proposed during the April, 2006, board meeting in Dayton, Ohio. In this discussion, serious overall governance structure and participation review was evaluated, however, the wide-ranging proposal was not adopted in its current form, although there is anticipation that significant components of the proposal will be developed for future implementation.

“We discussed ways to combat the challenges that Drum Corps International faces on an annual basis, including continuity of membership and representation, corps stability, board structure and the responsibilities of corps who are members of DCI. Though we chose not to act on this proposal, I’m hopeful that all of the elements will continue to be pursued,” said Chairman of the Board Jeff Fiedler. “I think we would all agree after this meeting that the status quo is not necessarily something we are all happy with.”

Just posted on DCI.org...

A Saturday afternoon session with the Division I board included discussion on a comprehensive new governance structure proposed during the April, 2006, board meeting in Dayton, Ohio. In this discussion, serious overall governance structure and participation review was evaluated, however, the wide-ranging proposal was not adopted in its current form, although there is anticipation that significant components of the proposal will be developed for future implementation.

“We discussed ways to combat the challenges that Drum Corps International faces on an annual basis, including continuity of membership and representation, corps stability, board structure and the responsibilities of corps who are members of DCI. Though we chose not to act on this proposal, I’m hopeful that all of the elements will continue to be pursued,” said Chairman of the Board Jeff Fiedler. “I think we would all agree after this meeting that the status quo is not necessarily something we are all happy with.”

Read the rest of the article here

Those in power stay in power --- the ones in control never want to give up power to others. If this ever passes I would be surprised.

From what I heard, any and all division II corps aspiring to move up to division I either opted not to petition, or had their petition put on hold because this change was supposed to take place in September. Now what would the status be for these corps (if there are any now)?

A camel is a horse that was designed by a commitee. :)