Which was better, 1976 Cadets or 2006 Cadets?

cmon guys....stop bashin on saxman on his views about BK....its ok if he feels that way......hes a sax player..b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I thougth Cadets show was in about 15th in my ranking of which shows I liked to where I would put theirs. Not that it wasn't executed pretty well, but I would rather watch a pickle slide down a window at White Castle than watch their show again.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

~G~

Sure. If I could somehow transport myself to 1976, and somebody asked "Which was better, the Cadets in 76 or in 46", I think my answer would be exactly the same, no matter the respective placements. It's all about the context of the time, IMO.

So regardless of placement, 2007 will inherently be better than 2006?

Kind of reminds me of an old Mort Sahl monologue. He observed that in the early 1800s we chose between Jefferson and Hamilton. In 1972 the choice was between McGovern and Nixon. His conclusion: Darwin was wrong :P

I didn't see a lot of movement in the 06 show, but then 14th place says something didn't work in 76 either.

As a matter of personal taste, I thought Cadets' 06 show was hideous compared to other concepts on the same field. Liked SCV, BK, and was pleasantly surprised by BAC. Like I said, personal taste.

not a lot of movement?? they stepped there show off at like 200 bpm, there opener was like 180 something and they finished there show at (I think) what was 202 or 204 bpm! and there wasnt a lot of standing around and playing if you watched them...Cadets arent really known for the 'park-n-bark'...and the drum break they were jumping off 8-10 ft ramps, and marching with those pink things.

better is such a subjective term...

I'm sure 2006 Cadets were better marchers, and I'm sure the music was much more difficult, and they probably performed both much better than the 1976 Garfield...

however...

that doesn't mean it was more enjoyable...

I'd pick skyriders '87 show of West Side Story or SCV's '85 Festive Overture/Red Pony show over anything I saw this year...

them are strong words...there where good shows tis year

them are strong words...there where good shows tis year

there were some very good shows this year...but none of them "hit the spot" as the ones I said in my last post...ok..maybe Phantom...and BLOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

disjointed music that has no "flow" just doesn't get it for me...

well i felt the gmen had good musical flow.....

So regardless of placement, 2007 will inherently be better than 2006?

Kind of reminds me of an old Mort Sahl monologue. He observed that in the early 1800s we chose between Jefferson and Hamilton. In 1972 the choice was between McGovern and Nixon. His conclusion: Darwin was wrong :P

Yes, 2007 will be inhernetly better than 2006 because I think I would prefer to watch any top 12 show in the past 10 years over the Cadets show from 30 years ago. Wow.

Departing the Crazy Bus to Inferenceville, now. :P

Were there good shows in 2006, sure, I guess, were there good shows in 1976, sure, I guess. Point is. I don't see a vast majority of people talking about shows of today in 30 years and sayin do you "remember that show" I see a lot more of people saying "do you remember that drill move" or "costume" To me I have a hard time connecting to an entire show any more. The edge to me seems gone.

In my opinion today's shows are more about the "shock and awe" if you will, rather than the total package. Look at SCV 1989, shocking-no, full of craziness-no, revered almost 20 years later, yes. I'd take a life time of shows that are memorable over watching a drill move that people consider new and innovative even though many of the "new drill moves" of today are variations on the pages of the old Casavant books of the very pre-DCI era. But I am probably just being too "old school" or my opinion will probably be deemed as stupid, so i'll just sit here and wait for condemnation.