A Not-so-limited Tour

The "Quick Facts" sheet for Pacific Crest's 2007 season suggests a more extensive touring schedule. Although it looks more like the two-tour model of yesteryear than the current fashion, this is certainly a departure for them. It's also somewhat ironic given that the summer ends in California this season, but I digress.

The doc: http://www.pacific-crest.org/downloads/07PCQuickFacts.pdf

Chris

wow, looks like PC is going to be more full time this year. Good luck and I hope they are able to maintain their membership with this change.

Looks like PC will be adopting the model of all the other Div I corps - full touring season, no part-time members, really striving for an high-impact performance.

I look for great things from PC this year, definitely a semifinalist, and who know, maybe even pushing for a Saturday finish!

From the sound of the schedule it looks similar to what they did last year. And with Championships being in California, it makes sense for them to do a little bit more this year, and then come home.

From the end of June to First weekend in July.

Then end of July to through DCI Championships

That leaves a lot of time in between for members to work a little bit if they still want to, provided the corps keeps a similar schedule they have had.

It doesn't sound like this is going to be changing for every year. Members who normally work, might still be able to work in between the first week of June, and end of July.

$1800 might because they ARE doing a little bit more than usual. Hopefully this particular year, they will attract members that can do this type of tour. I know they have built a reputation for allowing school, work, and etc while still doing drum corps...How many of those members will be able to do it now? Anywho, sounds good so far.

1800 sounds like a typical finalist high semifinalist corps fee...plus its hard for their location

How does the $1800 annual fees stand up versus other corps? It sounds like alot...but I'm from the old school

blue stars were around 2k this last summer.