Steppin on Corps toes

So now that Crown is auditioning in texas i got to thinkin.....5 corps outside of the corps in texas are auditioning here.

Yall think thats right. I Mean how would the scouts feel if say SCV started to hold auditions there to attract midwest kids....

i almost feel as if others corps dont want a corps to be strong in texas so they themselves audition there to take away a few more of the top notch players.

this is my opinion....

discuss

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel it's just benefiting the convenience of the kids so they have more option to choose where to audition.

but they dont have 6 div one corps trying out htere.......4 of them top 6 corps

combine all the auditions....it will be like NFL combines....

corps draft members....adding parity....those that finish out of the finals get first picks the next year....

after 5 years, all top 25 corps will be within a point of each other in scores...

Finals 2012, there is a 13 way tie for first place....bedlam ensues...new rules are made, disallowing the usage of amps and woodwinds...VK wins 2013 finals.....

"Skewerz....Skewerz....wake up!!!"

....(grumble) "huh? what?"

I think kids pretty much know what corps they wanna be in before they audition...Those that try out for the high end corps and don't make it will then be able to tryout for a different corps later in the month...those that wanna play in Crossmen are still gonna play in Crossmen.

but still why tempt people

but they dont have 6 div one corps trying out htere.......4 of them top 6 corps

It's really not that big of a deal, kids are going to try out where they want to try out. If all the "championship" corps decided to hold camps in my state, I still wouldn't audition there. If a kid wants to audition at a particular corps, chances are he's going to do it anyway, why can't corps at least provide some kind of convenience. I know my corps is going to start holding camps in Texas and other places within the next season or so, all it's going to do is help...

but how would your corp like it if say the cavies held there audition the same weekend 2 housr away?

Corps have been holding audition camps in Texas long before the Crossmen came to town...There's a lot of talent in Texas, so it makes sense for corps to hold an extra audition camp there. Some corps have strong ties with the state also. For example, SCV's brass caption head teaches at UNT..When I marched, the brass caption head also taught in Texas. So a better question would be: Why would they not have an auditon camp in Texas?