Heres a new question.

kyttle_kadiver

I've got auditions for Long Beach in a month, so i need some info. What is it like? i know that i must play some technical material, and some melodic works but what else? are sight reading, or scales usually included (it depends on the college of course)? Just to let you know i've chosen the Arutunian Trumpet Concerto for my main piece, but i need more i think (like etudes). Also, what kind of way should i present myself, i know that first impressions are important. I guess i just don't want to walk in and ruin all my hard work in the first couple notes that i play, i mean i'm not a very nervous person but you never know.

-Krazy Kyle with a K :angry:

I've got auditions for Long Beach in a month, so i need some info.

Kyle,

I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but I know someone who can help.

His name is Joe Miller and he works with Impulse. He went to Cal State Long Beach (the music department specifically) and I'm sure he'd be willing to offer his advice.

PM me your email address and I'll send it to him with your question.

Good luck!

Stefanie

I've got auditions for Long Beach in a month, so i need some info. What is it like? i know that i must play some technical material, and some melodic works but what else? are sight reading, or scales usually included (it depends on the college of course)? Just to let you know i've chosen the Arutunian Trumpet Concerto for my main piece, but i need more i think (like etudes). Also, what kind of way should i present myself,  i know that first impressions are important. I guess i just don't want to walk in and ruin all my hard work in the first couple notes that i play, i mean i'm not a very nervous person but you never know.

-Krazy Kyle with a K :angry:

B) ....start with some nice controlled exercises to show your tone, technique, mastery of the horn, etc....then go up to them stick the horn in their ear, pop a double C at fffff and go up from there an octave or so...stand back, look at their hair standing straight up, eyes bugged out, and nose and ears bleeding...tap'em softly on top their head and say..."There, that outta hold ya junior"....

Bill

i'll make sure to ask him! seeing that i marched impulse> thanks for reminding me that he goes to Long Beach.

I thought you did but I wasn't sure..

give my best to the Spaminator. Ask him sometime about his happy hat. he'll probably just laugh and tell you "well.. it's.. well.. heh heh heh.. nevermind, you're too young"