Your ideas for the New York Skyliners

That didnt work so hot for BD!

:lol:

<**> <**> <**>

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if you've ever listened to the opening credits of some of the Nickelodeon cartoons (the ones written by Mark Mothersbaugh (sp?), you would absolutely go crazy. It's a good selection of music, even though where it came from is, need I say...elementary. lol

Barbara

I have to admit, I enjoy Mothersbaugh's soundtracks from films like Rushmore so I would be interested if a show of his music could be done.

There is SOOO much material from CB which just begs to be performed on the field.

Corpsvets have done "Rush" and "Tank" from Cowboy Bebop and it was great stuff. Would love to see an all Cowboy Bebop show. There's tons of stuff to draw from. My only concern is audience/judge recognition and therefore appreciation.

Maybe Sky should do an Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Toonami show. :D

Drum solo could be Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

I GOT IT!!! The Theme to Salute your shorts, followed by the theme to Rocko's Modern life, drum solo is the theme to Ren and Stimpy, and we wrap it up with the end credit song from get this..... FAMILY GUY!!!

"Gabarina In Their Heyday":

Yes indeed. A GREAT corps with a GREAT sound. "Imatated but NEVER duplicated" could be the motto for that era. The seasons of 1963, 1966, 1971 and 1975 are particularly memorable.

Hy Drietzer, :lol: who, IMHO is the GREATEST drum corps for "Senior Corps" arranger to ever put pen to paper (And an outspoken advocate for G BUGLES by the way) created the "New York Sound" with players such as himself (On French Horn), Tommy Martin, Harry Hazelwoood, George Rodriguez, "Pepe" Nataro, "Pee Wee" Tadaro, Jimmy DiAmico, Ruben Ariola, and a regiment of other great HORNPLAYERS.

That drumline wasn't too shabby either with Wes Meyers, Danny Raymond, and several other stickmen writting teriffic accompiaments to Hy's charts.

Go for Gabarina.

Elphaba

Idena Menzel is a great woman. I was fortunate to meet her in Manhattan when some of the Sky drummers performed at the Public Theater in Jan. :lol:

Sorry for the randomness, but I saw your avater and yea...

Edited by Skydrummer9

Heres an idea-a show based on the Blues Bros. Some interesting skits could be done, alot of fun, alot of great music opportunities. (imagine the whole corps sneaking onto the field to minnie the moocher dressed in those suits & glasses) :lol:

There is a lot of untapped potential with the Blues Brothers! Awesome idea Bennie! B)

There is a lot of untapped potential with the Blues Brothers! Awesome idea Bennie! B)

I'm down for a little soul man. B)

Corpsvets have done "Rush" and "Tank" from Cowboy Bebop and it was great stuff. Would love to see an all Cowboy Bebop show. There's tons of stuff to draw from. My only concern is audience/judge recognition and therefore appreciation.

Yeah, I've heard 2003 CorpsVets, 2004 Blue Stars and 2006 River City Regiment all do CB, mainly Tank. That's what got me hooked on the music, followed by the anime itself.

That didnt work so hot for BD!

yeah, 3rd must suck :P

come on, like they have real life mafia to draw on in Cali. NY/NJ knows how to do it right