Notable Non-High Brass Drum Corps

Note some of the Drum Corps throughout the years who you think had a great brassline, regardless of their score or caption award.

2001 - The Cadets - This to me is a given, what a fantastically written book encorporating numerous stylistic elements.

2003 - Phantom Regiment - Crank up the bass, great tubas, beautiful dark rich quality,

2003 - The Cadets - LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD and wow GREAT control while BEING LOUD

2004 - Phantom Regiment - What great stylistic elements used for a tango show, one of the best ensemble articulation uniformities i've heard.

2005 - Carolina Crown - Wow great great rich sound

2005 - The Cavaliers - A close runnerup for the Jim Ott, a very straightforward open sound

2006 - Carolina Crown - An amazing sound, absolutely open and very rich in tone.

2006 - Phantom Regiment - This brassline blew me away, such a dark sound and such power, so close to winning the Jim Ott

Edited by ApocalypseTissue

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note some of the Drum Corps throughout the years who you think had a great brassline, regardless of their score or caption award.

2001 - The Cadets - This to me is a given, what a fantastically written book encorporating numerous stylistic elements.

2003 - Phantom Regiment - Crank up the bass, great tubas, beautiful dark rich quality,

2004 - Phantom Regiment - What great stylistic elements used for a tango show, one of the best ensemble articulation uniformities i've heard.

2005 - The Cavaliers - A close runnerup for the Jim Ott, a very straightforward open sound

2005 - Carolina Crown - An amazing sound, absolutely open and very rich in tone.

2006 - Phantom Regiment - This brassline blew me away, such a dark sound and such power, so close to winning the Jim Ott

I am going to have to make mention of the 2006 Cadets. This years hornbook ( even despite the 2:00 drum feature) was the most complex and difficult hornbook of the season. Executed very well........mello section will blow anyone out of the water. IMO, it rivals the difficulty of the 2001 Cadets hornbook which was also absolutley ridiculous.

I would agree with a number of these, especially Blue Devils 2000.

2005 - Carolina Crown - An amazing sound, absolutely open and very rich in tone.

ok list but in the history of DCI non brass trophy list none of these make the list.

you have Crown 2005 twice.

they finished 7th in brass and 8th in total music.

come on .

ok list but in the history of DCI non brass trophy list none of these make the list.

you have Crown 2005 twice.

they finished 7th in brass and 8th in total music.

come on .

I guess you missed the part of the sentence where he said "regardless of score or caption placement". This list seems to be about what hornlines he enjoyed rather than what placed highly.

I guess you missed the part of the sentence where he said "regardless of score or caption placement". This list seems to be about what hornlines he enjoyed rather than what placed highly.

I got it the first time.

1986 Star of Indiana. I just watched that show on the Legacy Collection thing, and good lord. I don't know where the hornline placed that year, and I don't care. It was awesome.

Yes very nice hornline. My cousin was the sop soloist and said it was nice marching under the Cadets staff.