Old Drum Corps Videos?

I'm doing a research project at Towson University on the evolution of Drum Corps (focusing on competitive junior corps) and I really want to have some old videos in my presentation. The earliest I've been able to find is 1978. Does anyone here have any videos that are older, and that I can use in my presentation?

Thanks for your help.

Brendan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about that is I don't have that kind of money, especially since I'll only be using about half a minute of it in the presentation. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy that. It looks really interesting.

I was just hoping that someone might have a small clip I can use.

Edited by thefalcon3a

The thing about that is I don't have that kind of money, especially since I'll only be using about half a minute of it in the presentation. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy that. It looks really interesting.

I was just hoping that someone might have a small clip I can use.

Here a site with some old B&W vids... $15/corps...I have Garfield 71 and 72.

Videos

Steve Groh (I think) has an amazing websight with ANCIENT 27th clips. Perhaps he will let you use something from them. (Anybody remember his DCP name?)

I have the old SCV and Crossmen Through the Years videos that were released by 1800videoexpress.

Steve Groh (I think) has an amazing websight with ANCIENT 27th clips. Perhaps he will let you use something from them. (Anybody remember his DCP name?)

Groh? Is that fossil still wasting Oxygen?

The only thing older than Steve Groh might be Charlie Groh...

(best of luck, Brendan)

If you go to Beanman.net, you'll find lots of great old footage of 27th Lancers!