ECJ Inactive

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame, sorry to hear this :(

I would say you should put a mini corps together and go blow down the house at the 2007 DCA minicorps competition.

Amen to that. Don't let inactive mean "nothing's going on." If you've still got the equipment and some folks around, get out to DCA I&E, get one of your neighboring DCA corps to sponsor you, and keep the excitement going.

Amen to that. Don't let inactive mean "nothing's going on." If you've still got the equipment and some folks around, get out to DCA I&E, get one of your neighboring DCA corps to sponsor you, and keep the excitement going.

Sorry to hear about ECJ going inactive. Do what you have to do to get back on the field soon.

MR

But isn't it interesting that the area with the most new corps development in the last 10 years has been west of Denver. yet, year in and year out these corps are asked to trek across country to Boston, Buffalo, Orlando, Indianapolis, Madison. They got what....one year in Denver recently. When was the last time finals was in Kansas City?

The west coast corps have not complained about the money spent every year....traveling east to get to shows.

I believe the Pasedena finals have little to do with ECJ going inactive. Time will tell. They were a good corps...trash talkers some of them...but a good corps. They will be missed.

Good luck getting back in '08.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

..trash talkers some of them...

As a competitor... please don't kick a dog when it's down... What you said might be true, but let's just let it be. They were very opinionated, yes.... But I don't think they were trash-talkers... they let their performance do the talking, and argued after the season. Best of luck getting back on the field ECJ. I'll miss the Malden show.

- A Spartans member.

we'll never forget what we did, who we met, or what we experienced...

goodnight east coast jazz

Corps hall. Krispy Kreme. Assembly Square. K-Mart. 106 breaking down. Tennessee in '04. Mystic Mall. Laps before and after every rehearsal block (as much as I hated it, I do have to admit it helped). I'll never forget the memories or the people.

Goodnight Jim. I'll never forget ECJ.

Edited by TSRTS13

But isn't it interesting that the area with the most new corps development in the last 10 years has been west of Denver. yet, year in and year out these corps are asked to trek across country to Boston, Buffalo, Orlando, Indianapolis, Madison.

1. I don't hear anyone asking the Western II/III corps to make perennial cross-country tours.

2. None of them were back when the West was growing (i.e. late 1990s).

3. Still today, several prominent Western II/III corps (Academy, SCVC, BDB) are not perennial cross-country touring corps.

Sounds like it's more than just the trip to Pasadena. But, if that was the deal-breaker for 2007, Pasadena was announced early enough for corps to start making plans. This is why I think it's not just heading west.

There were two sentences explaining why they're not fielding. One said "national tour", the other "Pasadena".

You are correct about the DCI championship location being announced well in advance (good for DCI). But do corps see any other option besides touring to DCI Championships, wherever it might be?

There were two sentences explaining why they're not fielding. One said "national tour", the other "Pasadena".

You are correct about the DCI championship location being announced well in advance (good for DCI). But do corps see any other option besides touring to DCI Championships, wherever it might be?

I have known Tom for about 25 years. Both of my daughters marched in the Diplomats and I have not seen a harder working person in drum corps. Not being involved in drum corps for a number of years I can't give an opinion as to the reasons, but I can assure you that this was a very sad and hard decision that he made.

I sincerely hope that the drum corps world does not lose this man and ECJ can find a way to come back. New England once a hot bed of drum corps is now down to 1 div I (Boston), I div II (Spartans) and 1 div III (Citations). Back in the 80's you could go to a show every week end and see 3 to 4 div "C" corps, 3 to 4 Div "B" and 2 to 3 Div "A" corps.