Esperanza

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm thinking if this has happend to John for what seems to be no apparent reason then who knows how many other people Alan Cox has done this to who just don't want to say anything. DCI should look into this to see if that is the case and make Alan Cox pay them because where that many has gone is anyones guess. Doesn't seem like its gone to the corps though, they're always in need for money.

Edited by Carlosvi7

what corps isn't always in need of money? seriously though, DCI may not have jurisdiction over a corps' operations (remember these are all privately run groups)...I would suppose the only real course of action DCI could take would be to legislate rules that would allow them to not allow corps to participate in DCI sponsored events until all issues of this nature are solved...remember I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on TV

They may not have direct jurisdiction over the corps operations but there are some issues where they can step in and over see things, and question things.

Just look at what happened to the other corps that went "inactive", do you think they looked the other way when other issues were happening?

But the key is somebody has to pick up the phone or email them to let them know it's happening. DCI isn't a mind reader.

but I can't say I would just take someone's word that was on staff who is posting their opinions about an organization in this way on some public forum...

Well a percussion caption head of 5 years isn't just some staff member... and it sounds like what was posted was more along the lines of fact rather than opinion (actually, he even used the word 'fact' to preface his statement).

But then again what do I know.

Well a percussion caption head of 5 years isn't just some staff member... and it sounds like what was posted was more along the lines of fact rather than opinion (actually, he even used the word 'fact' to preface his statement).

But then again what do I know.

Actually, what John posted was heresay and would not be accepted as fact in a court of law.

right, but if his lawyer is smart, he would supbenoa the person that actually had the conversation as a relevant witness and then it would be admissable....shoots and scores!! (the harder part would be proving the conversation ever took place without any recordings as it would be the member's word against the corps director)

Edited by tubawarrior

Two things...

I personally contacted John Mapes and said "Duuuuuuuuuuuude" and then the rest is between him and me....suffice it to say, the "little can be done" from posting this was a little bit of what I advised him on.

But secondly...and more importantly...I'm curious as to the term "intervention" by DCI by Lancerlady. Outside of putting the corps "down" for a season (ala Troopers), is there anything else you were thinking they could do? And I'm actually asking in all seriousness, because in my limited scope, it seems there's really nothing else. This is, if true, and I'm not there to say one way or the other if it is, but it sounds like a small claims court issue because of a contract violation.

All the rest of the anecdotal stuff being talked about on this thread is really unfortunate--hard as it is to understand it sometimes, I've come to learn in my 40 years of existence the old axiom is usually true...

There's always another side to the story.