In response to Cadets opening up for ideas

So with all the hype and I am sure the vast number of concepts that people have submitted, I would like to see what types of concepts and ideas that people would have.

Please give your concept, music, etc. and the corps that you are thinking of to perform it!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concept is called "Dance Movements," which features the symphonic band work of the same name by Philip Sparke. The show coincides with the 10th anniversary of the Cadets' first masterful Philip Sparke show in 1997, which include "Year of the Dragon" and "Celebration."

In stark contrast to the over-designed, abstract, emotionally stale Cadets shows of recent years, "Dance Movements" brings incredible music and mind-boggling drill to the forefront in a tour-de-force that will have audiences on their feet multiple times throughout the show. The brilliant pageantry of a glorious brass ensemble, the precision of the drumline and pit percussion, and the colorful expression of the colorguard will take fans on a journey they'll never forget.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Well, I designed, somewhat elaborately, a show called Secret. Now, I don't want to give away all the little nuances to it just in case by some far-fetched ridiculous chance its picked, and someone reads this and then is upset and blah blah blah. PM if youd like the ridiculously long email that I started writing and realized 1 hour later that it was in fact 1 hour later.

I was thinking of a mixture of two concepts that have been tossed around recently, if they did a mystery/classics show, where they did the mystery story and at the end they came out with one of 4 classic parts, be it either the z-pull just like in 84, or the ending drill of Millennium Celebration, or something of that sort. Those are the only two that I could think of right now.

If I had the time, I'd put together a presentation or two. Here are my ideas.

Field of Dreams: Music from Searching for Bobby Fishcher, Field of Dreams (a lot more of "The Place Where Dreams Come True" than they did a few years ago), and Krull. (yeah, they're all by James Horner, but they're all before he started copying himself...back when he was kind of original and stuff, heh)

Scenes from the Louvre: Just put together an awesome show from Dello Joio's score. Please, use the orchestral arrangement.

The Day is Yours: Victory!: A Medieval themed show revolving around the music of Walton's and Doyles' Henry V soundtracks. The cue from The Day is Yours from Doyle's soundtrack is a must as the ballad. Amazing track.

Trapped in a Cage: 11 minutes and 33 seconds

The music of John Cage with the choreography of Marcel Marceau

It is an arrangement of of Cage's 4'33" for brass and percussion, adapted to the field.

The guard, in their best imitation of a pretentious French street mime, spend the duration of program trying to escape the confines of an imaginary cage. Once they escape, they run up through the audience, smoking cheap cigarettes, begging for quarters.

That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard. Once I started imagining it, I was almost in tears laughing. Just imagine how irate the crowd would be. It would be hilarious.

Great idea!!! HaHaHa.