In response to Cadets opening up for ideas

I am not sue where the comment came from for "stolen ideas."

I was simply asking the question because there are many people on here that are not staff members for drum corps, marching bands, winter guard, winter drumlines, etc. that have ideas that never are told to anyone, never used, and only left up to their imagination.

My next question would have to be, who is going to steal these ideas? I am confused and intrigued by that comment at the same time? I have no outlet for using these ideas, so I am certainly not in the realm of possible people to steal, so who would? How often do we see people list suggestions that have never been, and many times, never will be considered?

Edited by toddschultz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea was simple, The best of the best of the Cadets. And Old school. Bring back the guns, skirts and boots, march the tymps. etc..etc...A combination of old and new drill with the old music that made the Cadets. It would be fantastic. And a crowd fav. IMHO. :)

The Dot and the Line.

Video Game Music.

Specifically, anything from the Final Fantasy series, by Nobuo Uematsu (the John Williams of the video game world).

I think people who are unfamiliar with VG music would be pleasantly surprised.

La Villa Strangiato :featuring the music of RUSH

Although I have no clue which corps could pull this off successfully...maybe SCV although its not entirely their style. Cavies could do it well but it wouldn't be conceptual enough for a good visual design and Saucedo would butcher the music. Blue Devils maybe. Cadets would look ridiculous. Phantom should not attempt. eh, I don't know.

Video Game Music.

Specifically, anything from the Final Fantasy series, by Nobuo Uematsu (the John Williams of the video game world).

Blue Stars did Final Fantasy music in '05. And since we're talking about video game music and drum corps, music from God Of War would be great music. It is really dark music and it would actually be more suitable for Phantom than the Cadets :P but would probably be good for on the field. and I love the trapped in a cage idea. That would be quite funny

They could do a show based on time travel. they could have a main character travel through time like in the movie the time machine. If they went back in time the corps could regress the drill movements until they were doing symetrical drill.

Video Game Music.

Anyone ever hear the music of the Shining Force series? Great stuff, especially from SFIII.

The Journey of Philip Bliss

Adagio for Strings

On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss

Nilesdance

Havensdance

Abram's Pursuit

Instant Classic