Predictions?

The technology is close. Everyone can have their own corp. Could this be the direction we are headed in?

"NOW ON THE FIELD , FROM LITTLE BILLY'S BEDROOM , THE BLUE PHANTOM VANGUARD . PRESENTING SELECTIONS FROM , ALL THE KICK ### SHOWS EVER"

hey , it cant be all that bad, can it? :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"NOW ON THE FIELD , FROM LITTLE BILLY'S BEDROOM , THE BLUE PHANTOM VANGUARD . PRESENTING SELECTIONS FROM , ALL THE KICK ### SHOWS EVER"

hey , it cant be all that bad, can it? :(

Not bad at all. :laugh:

<**> :( <**> :doh: <**> :rock: <**> :( <**>

PS -- As my Grandfather used to say, "A poor person voting for a Republican is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders." Oh, and I hate cats and kittens. Sorry -- dogs rule, cats drool!!!

agreed, cats suck the bag..

The Bandettes will make a DI push, trounce the Cavs by 10 at finals, and embarass the Cadets with an outstanding visual from the "Wizard of OZ" - "Rainbow" not included. :P

The Bandettes will make a DI push, trounce the Cavs by 10 at finals, and embarass the Cadets with an outstanding visual from the "Wizard of OZ" - "Rainbow" not included. :P

Gotta have the rainbow.

Im still going with Boston or Troopers to make big gains towards the top.

Gotta have the rainbow.

Im still going with Boston or Troopers to make big gains towards the top.

In all seriousness..........me too.

Let me look into my crystal ball... (dream sequence soap opera effects)

I see a Cadets show that many will hate, regardless of whether or not it includes amplification.

I foresee a rabid group of fans that will praise the Cavaliers at the expense of all other corps, proclaiming them the masters of all things drum corps. Others shouldn't even try.

I imagine a similar group building up Phantom Regiment to be the best corps ever, talking about how their brass sound is amazingly lush and how they always get screwed by the judges.

I also see Crown fans (and members... lots, and lots, and lots of undercover members...lots of them) writing annoyingly numerous posts that only say "Breath Dah," as if their corps is the only one using that brass pedagogy.

I see Blue Devils being constantly mocked, and BD fans constantly telling everyone how "If you watch an individual member you'll see their visual demand is actually pretty high." I also picture an interaction something like this:

"BDs brass sound is awesome!!!11!!"

"Their top heavy"

"Your right, they are, but that's normal for jazz corps"

"Theirs only one write ensemble sound for drum corps"

I will have left the thread long ago.

Bluecoats alumni and fans will try to convince other that they deserve a spot in "The Big 6;" Madison fans will try to convince others that they still deserve to be there... by the way, did you hear about their new design team????? They are going to be teh rox0rZ this year!!!!!!one!!!!!!1!!!seventy-five!!!

SCV will always be referred to as "The classy corps," Boston alumni will lament the old days while fans postulate as to what BAC, Suita, splooie, or 6 words mean. Many theories will be thrown out there. Few will be correct.

There will be 19 30-page threads about amplification within the next calendar year, 5 16-page discussions of why Hoppy sucks, 650 different "Prediction" threads, and a lot of misspellings.

I predict that I will be marching somewhere this summer, and none of you will know where until I come back in August ultra-defensive of my corps, uselessly attempting to hide my bias.

I also predict that I have a 5-7 page paper due tomorrow on manners, classes and social limits in Wharton's The Age of Innocence. I hate life.

Edited by TSRTS13