Great Shows

Pittsburgh, Pa. South Park Field circa 1960, 1961.......Still very vivid in my mind....

Hawthorne marking time on the kick-off line to "Espania Cani" and almost disappearing in cloud of field lime dust......I turned into one giant GOOSE BUMP and have been hooked ever sense. :blink:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Thoughts??

hmmmmm The question should really be, "Is the beer ( :blink: ) cold or not".

I have 3 show that will always come to mind.

1st - 1981 Skyliners. When we won in Giant Stadium, the one show that I will never forget

2nt - 1987 Skyliners. Winning the high horns at DCA's in the rain.

3rd - 2006 Bridgemen. It was an honor for me to be a small part in the return of the great organization. Some of the things that the Skyliners when I was a part of it and the Bridgemen share is that belife in quality as well as being able to produce that "Wall of Sound".

Edited by BigLou

too many good shows to list, plus i know i'll #### someone off and forget one

I'm biased, of course, but I still get misty leaning back, closing my eyes and listening to the second tune from Bucs 2005! I would have given anything to have been on the receiving end of that piece just once.

I get happy thoughts from most DCA shows I watch!

I have to mention the Reading Buccaneers drumline. They are fantastic now of course, but I'm going back to early 1970's. Most T-birds don't even realize this, but we wouldn't have the strong percussion history we have without giving some credit to the Bucs drumline. They were light years ahead of everybody in writing and performance. They were also the coolest looking line I ever saw (striped nautical t-shirts and pirate bandanas). We idolized them to the point that we learned their drum solos. One snare buddy even learned the sticking, no easy feat (Bill Adams). They were a major inspiration to us.

Anybody remember the Nissei Ambassadors? Very cool, I believe all japanese junior corps from Chicago. I think we ripped part of a triplet feel drum solo off of them. :)

wow, I got the way-back machine on full tonight. discuss......

Edited by Mike_B

Cabs show in 06. I have seen it so many times and would see it again. The energy is amazing in that show.

Cadets of Bergen County 1995. Love the show, very emotional. Helps that my brother was the drum major! :)

Cadets of Begern County 1992 My brother's 1st year on the snare line and a great guard makes a great show!

Bayonne Bridgemen 1977 and 1978. What more can I say? WOW.

Bayonne Kidets 1983 and 1984.

Madison Scouts 1995. What a guard! Love the tribute.

Velvet Knights in the early 90's had a great show, I just don't remember what year.

Blessed Sacrament in Winterguard in the mid 80's had one of the best shows I had ever seen. In there purple and black.

I am sure I am missing some but there are so many years to think back on.

Miami Beach.......9/11/63.........Archie......Camelot.........

'We left everything we had on the field'

Miami Beach.......9/11/63.........Archie......Camelot.........

'We left everything we had on the field'

And the sheets managed to stay dry through the downpour, too! How did they do that Jim?????

'58 - Cabs, Reilly

'59 - Archie

'60 - Sky, Cabs

'61 - Cavies, BS, Cabs

'63 - BS, St Kevin's, Sky, Archie

'65 - Rochester Grey Knight Crusaders, Bucs

'66 - Cavies, Sky, Hurcs

'67 - Boston, Hurcs

'68 - Lucy's, Bucs

'69 - Kilties, Cavies, Sky, YR, Hurcs

'71 - Anaheim, Sky, YR

'72 - Anaheim, Sky

Just a few that stick out, IMHO. ( Yeah, I'm one of the 'olde phartes'!)

Ray