Floor Paint

GuardDad

Learn the magic of a product called Fluotral (sp). Available at Home Depot and Lowes.

Mix it with your latex paint and it will not chip or flack. Then do the baby powder thing

after it has dried for as long as possible.

A bottle of the stuff will usually get the job done. Works great and I have been

using it for 3 or 4 years now, not once has it failed.

AWESOME! i haven't heard of that before but the next time i paint a floor i will be sure to give it a try. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purchased a used painted floor. It is pretty dirty and would like to clean it up before our first show. What is the best way to clean a painted floor without damaging the paint? I was thinking soap/water and a mop or sponges. Would this work?

Just purchased a used painted floor. It is pretty dirty and would like to clean it up before our first show. What is the best way to clean a painted floor without damaging the paint? I was thinking soap/water and a mop or sponges. Would this work?

And scrub away.......... It will work

• 3 weeks later...

ok, just finished painting my first floor ever...turned out VERY nice..............then I WAY over powdered it.........are there any tips for getting rid of excess powder, besides a broom? will it just get worn through the course of the season?

You could try taking it outside and shaking it like one of those parachutes kids play with in gym class...

n13707696_34656117_7496.jpg

But that generally doesn't work well. I'd suggest lining your kids up in a line each with TONS of paper towels, slightly moistened (not soaking wet). Have them go all the way across the tarp, picking up the excess.

But don't worry, you're not alone in your over-powderage.

You could try taking it outside and shaking it like one of those parachutes kids play with in gym class...

n13707696_34656117_7496.jpg

But that generally doesn't work well. I'd suggest lining your kids up in a line each with TONS of paper towels, slightly moistened (not soaking wet). Have them go all the way across the tarp, picking up the excess.

But don't worry, you're not alone in your over-powderage.

That looks like fun....hah

yeah, i know... that is the one downfall of using the baby powder. plus it takes a while to clean it up. hopefully one day someone will develop a paint just for winter guard floors that isn't sticky!! good luck with your season!

Well we use industrial advertising tarps and they're really heavy grade and you get stuck when turning, so we thought using tons of baby powder would help.... Unfortunately it just made all our rehearsal sites baby powder-ey whenever we opened the tarp :(

it just comes off naturally during the season, but i would try the damp paper towel thing to see how that works. good luck!

ok, just finished painting my first floor ever...turned out VERY nice..............then I WAY over powdered it.........are there any tips for getting rid of excess powder, besides a broom? will it just get worn through the course of the season?