Cavaliers announce Europe tour

Makes me wish I had more access to my instrument to practice the material more.

Shoulda-Coulda-Wouldas never did anyone any good.

Sure they do, the next time you know better. :P

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line .... not a great idea. It would make more sense to wait a year and here's why....

You won't be rejoining the DCI tour until July 6th which means you'll only be touring your back yard (YOUR FAN BASE) for 1 week or less before you head west for championships. Europe is great and all but wouldn't it make more sense to wait until championships are in your back yard? It's pretty obvious that the last month of tour would be a swing toward Allentown and then a swing back toward Indy in '08 (repeat for 10 years).

Luckily I'm from Michigan and Michigan City Indiana isn't that far away. But I'm one of the few that will actually get to see the Cavies in the summer of '07. No Toledo, No Kalamazoo, ... Fairfield Ohio, Sioux falls SD, Menomonie WI, South Milwaukee WI, Belding MI, Lisle IL, Oswego IL, Evansville Indiana, LaCrosse WI, MADISON WI, Stillwater MN, Dixon IL, Centerville OH, Cedarburg WI, Columbus OH, ......... YOU"RE ALL OUT OF LUCK. No Cavies for you this year. Followed by ZERO div 1 shows until Indy at the end of July in the Midwest.

Naperville IL lucks out ..... Alton IL .. way to go. Massillon OH.. congrats. Dublin OH!!! And that's it for now. I'm sure they may headline a few dates once they iron out their schedule because i don't see them on the map anywhere from July 9-24th. It's just a shame you guys. Let the Cabs go to Europe.. you should go next year when it makes sense. PLEASE :worthy:

This post was written as a FAN$ and nothing more.

Hey! Give us a break here in Europe. Let us enjoy them for once :)

I think it's good for the activity in Europe. More and more is happening here, check out the next article!!!

http://www.drumcorpseurope.org/news/publis...icle_4330.shtml[/url]

No, 1500 is the total cost.

This is correct for new members, and then returning members get a discounted rate according to how long they have been a member. More importantly, and as someone mentioned earlier, the corps is actually saving money by touring Europe in 2007.

Bottom line .... not a great idea. It would make more sense to wait a year and here's why....

You won't be rejoining the DCI tour until July 6th which means you'll only be touring your back yard (YOUR FAN BASE) for 1 week or less before you head west for championships. Europe is great and all but wouldn't it make more sense to wait until championships are in your back yard? It's pretty obvious that the last month of tour would be a swing toward Allentown and then a swing back toward Indy in '08 (repeat for 10 years).

I don't think it's accurate at all to limit The Cavaliers' fan base to the midwest. The corps is extremely well-received everywhere they perform, and they probably have a larger fan base in other areas of the country anyway (ie. Texas). Each year, the Birdville, TX rehearsal day attracts an audience that would rival that of most non-regional shows. Regardless, I don't think spending more time outside the midwest is going to damage their fan base. The people who want to see the corps will make it to Naperville, or Alton, or Ohio or wherever. Those are all pretty central anyway.

Naperville IL lucks out ..... Alton IL .. way to go. Massillon OH.. congrats. Dublin OH!!! And that's it for now. I'm sure they may headline a few dates once they iron out their schedule because i don't see them on the map anywhere from July 9-24th. It's just a shame you guys. Let the Cabs go to Europe.. you should go next year when it makes sense. PLEASE :worthy:

This post was written as a FAN$ and nothing more.

I'm not sure what schedule you are looking at for July 9-24, but Murfreesboro is on the 13th and I'm sure they'll be there, and dci.org has them on the lineup for DCI Atlanta on the 14th and San Antonio on the 21st. So, along with some other major shows like Allentown, Indy, Denver, Phoenix, Lubbock and Pasadena, that's a pretty extensive U.S. tour. The Cavaliers have an international fan base and I don't think that any year is necessarily more or less suited for a European tour, at least not in terms of accessibility to fans. If anything, the corps will be more accessible than ever with one of the most extensive U.S. tours in recent memory along with appearances overseas.

Hot Dog! Last year I had to go from Orlando to Atlanta to see drum corps and the Cavaliers.

This year, I move to the UK, and it is a shorter distance to see the Cavaliers in Amsterdam.

In the info packet that the Cavaliers sent out, they said that member fees would be 100 dollars cheaper if they chose to go to Europe. Apparently it's cheaper than touring the US.

That's great!

Can you say SPONSORSHIP!!!

I imagine Yamaha and/or others are having a lot to do with that.

Only about 20% of Americans hold passports. The majority of Americans will never leave their own country in their entire lives. If the Cavs have an opportunity to go, I say GO!

Oh NO!!!

What is BOA going to do??!!!

(A slightly sarcastic reference to the Bands of America summer symposium held at ISU and the Normal, IL show)

I wonder if SCV or Bluecoats are going to step in and fill their shoes

O ya I forgot all about that! and that would be my home show :( O WELL, it's EUROPE!