Inactive corps that came back

Few weeks ago on the Junior forum there was a thread about corps that went inactive but came back and are still around. Now I'm looking for corps that re-activated but it doesn't matter if they are still active in 2006. Not looking for mergers at the present, just corps that took at least a season off and made it back and when.

Asking as research for a project I am working on.

Off the top of my head in the Senior/All Age world

Skyliners (late 50s)

Sunrisers

Rochester Crusaders - back in 05

Westshoremen - back in 74, 84 (gone a few weeks and back with new show), ???

Edit (duh Jim): Brigadiers

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Few weeks ago on the Junior forum there was a thread about corps that went inactive but came back and are still around. Now I'm looking for corps that re-activated but it doesn't matter if they are still active in 2006. Not looking for mergers at the present, just corps that took at least a season off and made it back and when.

Asking as research for a project I am working on.

Off the top of my head in the Senior/All Age world

Skyliners (late 50s)

Sunrisers

Rochester Crusaders

Westshoremen

Edit (duh Jim): Brigadiers

made it back to the competition field?,...................or just back? by the list above, I think you mean the competition field,...........

then add, Archer Eppler, White Sabers,,..............are a couple that come to mind,............

made it back to the competition field?,...................or just back? by the list above, I think you mean the competition field,...........

then add, Archer Eppler, White Sabers,,..............are a couple that come to mind,............

You can add Heat Wave too

As long as it's not a competing corps coming back as an Alumni type group (too many to mention) "just back" sounds good to me. Never even thought about White Sabers :lol:

Archie is kind of a special case as it was the Alumni group that competed in the early 80s. (Where's Jimbalya at? ^0^ )

And before anyone mentions it the Yankee Rebels that competed in 1980 and/ 1981 were not "those" Yankee-Rebels. Found that out in another thread.

Do Kilties count? Junior that came back as a senior....

Do Kilties count? Junior that came back as a senior....

Heh let's get funky with this one. :P

Blue Rock - Jr turned Sr for 1975 only

Blessed Sacrament - Ditto

Vanguard - Des Plaines/Chicago - Jr went Sr for few years in the 1980s

#### thinking of more as I type.... :huh:

CMCC Warriors - was Sr in early or mid 1980s (forget exactly)

Pine Tree Warriors/Maine Marching Ambassadors/whatever the #### they were called - Ditto )I think)

White Roses - York PA who the ### know anymore???

All except for York were at DCA Prelims at least one year.

The Freelancers went inactive for 1986 and came back. And even became a finalist corps again. Although their current existence is for winter guard and winter drumline since about 1995.

Revolution has gone inactive and came back. And Magic of Orlando, and Spirit, and ........