Tops In Blue Needs Horn Players

From the USAF Website:

The USAF Touring Troop the "Tops In Blue" has IMMEDIATE openings for Trumpet, Trombone and Saxophone players. You MUST BE on ACTIVE DUTY with the United States Air Force to apply & audition. For more info go to www.af.mil or call 210-652-6566.

The 2007 Tour will begin in January, and run until January of 2008. This is a GREAT oppertunity for ACTIVE DUTY USAF personnel to work out of their "Career Field" and 'Tour' with a World Class performance ensamble.

Good Luck.

Elphaba

Well here's something I know a bit about.

I toured with Tops in Blue last year for the '05 tour as a trumpet player.

If you thought Drum Corps was hard, TIB trumps that 3 fold. Its a tough gig, since YOU and your teammates (about 35 or so other Airmen) put up at least 1 semi full of equipment (consisting of lights,audio,staging, etc). I lost about 20 Lbs during tour.

It really was a good experience though. How often can you get to visit 27 countries in approximately 8 months, and all at the governments expense?

As for drum corps people, I was on tour with someone that marched 95 Glassmen. This years tour has someone that marched 97-98, (or it might be 98-99) Carolina Crown and another person that marched in a So Cal Corps (Esperanza?). A few years ago there was even a guy that marched in the 70's with the Freelancers.

Tops in Blue is like a Vegas type show, with singers/dancers/technician/musicians. The show itself usually last about 90 minutes.

And I also believe, if you are in the Reserves, or National Guard, and you have the talent to perform, the Director of Tops in Blue can probably work you back into Active Duty for that one year you are on tour with Tops in Blue.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Nope, never been in the pit.

You ever have a 12 hr set up for a show, and a 6 hr take down?