December 15 Deadline for Rules Proposals

Possible Rules Changes....  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which rule change would help DCA the most?

• Extend top 10 to top 12
    • Give every member corps a vote
    • DCA Sponsored Regions Competitions
    • Keep $20K in slush for struggling/new corps assistance out of Share Point checks
  2. 2. Do you think the North Eastern corps should have a region like the rest of DCA?

• DCA-East
    • Leave it the way it is

Before anyone yells at me ;) I know some of the possible rules I posted up there aren't even up for consideration ... but maybe they should be.

So what do you think will best help DCA grow and PROSPER?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone yells at me ;) I know some of the possible rules I posted up there aren't even up for consideration ... but maybe they should be.

So what do you think will best help DCA grow and PROSPER?

I voted, and agree that all those Items would be worthy of discussion.

My Personal Opinion is.

All Corps should have a Vote. BUT ! I think the Top 12 Open, plus the Top 3 A Class should get an Additional vote each. (giving corps more incentive to improve!)

I also like the Idea of DCA putting a little something toward sponsoring Regional Championships. The North East should not need help, but the other areas sure could use help. (at least till they too become more profitable.)

Just think how great it would be to have Regionals in say (NE in Allentown,PA or Bridgeport,Conn /-/ Southern in Atlanta /-/ Centeral in Minniapolis /-/ West in Stockton /-/ maybe even a South West in Dallas) then the DCA Championships in a place like Nashville.

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

If DCA lets a corps compete under it's rules It should have a vote.

I guess I would like to see all of this done .. in a perfect world! The Quality is there that a top 12 is warranted. With the regionalization of DCA, it seems the time is coming fast when they'll have to embrace a National approach to the organization by giving everyone a voice. Regionally sponsored events will grow that national product's fan ba$e and foster additional growth to the All Age movement. Saving a little cash to keep corps on the field is something I wish DCI would do as well. I know there are a select few Jr. corps organizations that foster other corps in times of need, but the main governing organization (I feel) has a deeper responsibility to ensure that all corps are healthy and prepared for the long haul. Writing a few $5000 checks every year to keep things alive won't kill the budget of DCA.

As far as DCA-East..... I guess that will happen when DCA embraces the fact that this is INDEED a national organization.... we're not just a one trick pony anymore :)

Edited by supersop

I had an interesting thought today that may be a proposal for rules change. Maybe it should be a different thread?

The last DCA show before championships could be a Out-of-the-area show for the locals to watch on Thursday.

Maybe I'm just a newbee dreamin' stuff up but here's the idea and reasons for it. Thursday before I/E the corps like us/R'gades/Kilts/MBI/Frontier/Gulf coast/chops.. get together and perform,(Maybe just an underwear run thru) just to give the locals (Empire, Brigs, Bucs...) who could get there (or are there early anyway) a chance to see us for the first and maybe only time. Judging would be nice but maybe too hard to set up, I don't know.

Personally, I know with Dream, the 5weeks without seeing an audience before prelims is a killer on my nerves. The NE corps never get to see us anyway so if the was a "Show" they were'nt in they could come out and have some fun. A little pre-party before I/E and a chance to kick the jet lag.

I've no idea if it could work or anyone would be interested but it could be fun.

Edited by DreaminDan

that would be mad cool

I had an interesting thought today that may be a proposal for rules change. Maybe it should be a different thread?

The last DCA show before championships could be a Out-of-the-area show for the locals to watch on Thursday.

Maybe I'm just a newbee dreamin' stuff up but here's the idea and reasons for it. Thursday before I/E the corps like us/R'gades/Kilts/MBI/Frontier/Gulf coast/chops.. get together and perform,(Maybe just an underwear run thru) just to give the locals (Empire, Brigs, Bucs...) who could get there (or are there early anyway) a chance to see us for the first and maybe only time. Judging would be nice but maybe too hard to set up, I don't know.

Personally, I know with Dream, the 5weeks without seeing an audience before prelims is a killer on my nerves. The NE corps never get to see us anyway so if the was a "Show" they were'nt in they could come out and have some fun. A little pre-party before I/E and a chance to kick the jet lag.

I've no idea if it could work or anyone would be interested but it could be fun.

This would be WAY super-dee-dooper cool. However, there are lots of corps that are banned from even doing I/E because their (misguided) directors think they need that extra hour of rehearsal.

C'mon folks, if you don't know our show by then, you never will. LETS LET THE CORPS HANG OUT TOGETHER AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!

(here's a rule proposal: Underwear for underwear runthroughs must be CLEAN and well fitted. Otherwise known as the Contra Rule. ^0^ )