One song shows

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does it annoy anybody else calling everything 'songs' they arent songs.

sexyback is a song

well not trying to sound wenchy, its just funny/annoying

That's what I was about to say. There's a big difference between a "song" and a long-form symphonic, wind band, or jazz composition. An opera or an oratorio, for instance, consists of a whole bunch of songs, and a symphony might contain any number of distinct melodies.

Well Isn't it broken up into 4 parts because it is 24 hours long? So wouldn't that still be one entity? Yeah I realized it was an opera after I submitted it but didn't want to edit.

I believe that the "Ring Cycle" was composed as four seperate operas over the course of some twenty-six years. It's not like they were all written at once and then broken apart for the sake of convenience. And it's about 15 hours total, by the way.

I know its not a song, but I'd really like to see someone (Cadets, SCV) take Bernstein's On the Waterfront. Yes, I know SCV did it in 97, but they also had On The Town in the opener. I'd like to see the whole thing done. Copland's Billy the Kid (yes, I know 1998 BK) would also be awesome.

Edited by crashhelmi36

Check out Cadets '86.

Well, that has Wonderful Town in it... [/covering one's butt]

Edited by crashhelmi36