Ten really great rifle lines.

GMichael1230

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being very old school, I was was very glad to see the 74 Kingsmen rifle line mentioned a few times. I was in the flag line that year and absolutely loved the rifle line! The mace walks and the curtsy were a couple of my favorite moves.

I am so proud to be marching with Linda (George) Markham, Dede Dietel, Carol Brokke and Dale Nissesson (sp) who all marched in that awesome line in 74!!!

It's too bad there isn't video from our Comp Guard (yes, before Winter Guard) shows in 74 and 75. 74 was the last year that we marched without music. Yes, younguns, we marched withOUT music. We made our own with our flags and rifles!!!! Anyone else out there remember Comp Guard without prerecorded music????

Being very old school, I was was very glad to see the 74 Kingsmen rifle line mentioned a few times. I was in the flag line that year and absolutely loved the rifle line! The mace walks and the curtsy were a couple of my favorite moves.

I am so proud to be marching with Linda (George) Markham, Dede Dietel, Carol Brokke and Dale Nissesson (sp) who all marched in that awesome line in 74!!!

It's too bad there isn't video from our Comp Guard (yes, before Winter Guard) shows in 74 and 75. 74 was the last year that we marched without music. Yes, younguns, we marched withOUT music. We made our own with our flags and rifles!!!! Anyone else out there remember Comp Guard without prerecorded music????

Yes, I remember. My sisters both marched without music then with a few drummers setting the beat.

I used to love the sounds the weapons made as well as the stomping of the feet for added noise.....

Somone mentioned... Holly Hawks. shuold also mention Towanda Top Hats...

Eveyone is picking out the DCI corps but there were some great lines that a lot of DCI folks didn't get to see... Kudos to the Upstate NY rifle lines of the late 70's and early 80's who were my favorite to watch.. Squires, Avant Garde, Express.

Yeah I had a lot of DCI as favorites .. they've all been mentioned except the Bridgemen rifles through the year. SO my vote goes out to them as well.

Yes, I remember. My sisters both marched without music then with a few drummers setting the beat.

I used to love the sounds the weapons made as well as the stomping of the feet for added noise.....

Hey Nancy, I really wish you were marching with us :worthy:

Hey Nancy, I really wish you were marching with us :music:

Vickie, :beer: thank you for saying so. :doh:

I cannot put into words what a true dream come true it would be to participate with you. :beer:

Had I married for money instead of love I'd be there right now, but then there'd be 2 things to be unhappy about!

Congratulations on what I know will be and out of body experience and more.... :beer:

Here's a picture of the 74 Kingsmen rifle line:

KlassicKingsmen.jpg

I'm the flag closest to the 50 on the right side of the picture :laugh:

These are not in any order, they are just some really great rifle lines.......feel free to add yours.

1980 27th Lancers

1983 Madison Scouts

1988 Suncoast Sound

1989 Cadets

1997 Blue Devils

2000 Cavaliers

1984 Spirit of Atlanta

1983 Freelancers

1981 Cavaliers

1979 Troopers

~G~

1975 Polish Falcon Cadets

1973 Anaheim Kingsmen

Irving

Fan of the Arts

From what I saw on another forum, we now have a Kingsmen Alumni Corps Rifle Line fan club starting up!!!! I love this picture from Saturday that my husband posted of me from the show, so I'm posting it here....well....just because I can...

themrs02.jpg

Thank you for polishing my boots, Mylo....

and here's the whole line marching off the field on Saturday night...

karioffthefield.jpg